Yammi pops out of water in reverse when gassed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scofflaw View Post
    Willing to bet his motor is working as intended.
    Yes, if the current is that bad, and your skills suck, then change your approach.
    Maybe thee should look up the definition of scofflaw.
    There are laws of man and laws of nature that can be scoffed at.

The law of nature would tend to indicate that a motor that uses a locking device to prevent said motor from tilting up when used in reverse should not allow the motor to tilt up when operated in reverse. At any RPM of which the motor was capable of achieving in reverse.

Are you suggesting that if you bought a brand new Yamaha motor and it tilted up in reverse, preventing you from stopping the boat or backing the boat up, that you would consider this to be normal and not file a claim with Yamaha for a repair?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
      Solo would have said it's working correctly too......
      Colourful people those.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        slot here on reds is 20 to 28"
        and limit is 3 a day

Not much meat on a 15 or 16"

the 27" I caught Monday ran thru a lot of grass on shore line, suprized I got him in .
        I use 17 mono with a short 20lb mono leader to help with the oyster shell in places. Brother uses Floracarbon leader material
        love chunking plastic at them and watching them hit. Sight fishing is huntin and fishing all rolled up into one
        I used to love casting curly tailed jigs (is that a boats.net acceptable word) and Mirrolures at speckled trout. Some call spotted sea trout.

One time a big arse tarpon grabbed ahold of a curly tail jig and jumped right in front of the boat, throwing the lure back at me. I suspect it was just an irritant and he did not really feel anything. I am glad he threw the lure. Otherwise he would have spooled me. Or broken the line.

Comment

takes about 2400 PSI to release the piston shock valve and the tilt rod can extend.
          how many RPM's that takes is dependant on how big the prop is and how much rev thrust it can make.
          the shock valving has no clue if the motor is even running much less any gear positions.
          it simply does what it does.
          it is possible that the upper chamber valve is leaking but it most likely would not return to the memory piston position.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            There are laws of man and laws of nature that can be scoffed at.

The law of nature would tend to indicate that a motor that uses a locking device to prevent said motor from tilting up when used in reverse should not allow the motor to tilt up when operated in reverse. At any RPM of which the motor was capable of achieving in reverse.

Are you suggesting that if you bought a brand new Yamaha motor and it tilted up in reverse, preventing you from stopping the boat or backing the boat up, that you would consider this to be normal and not file a claim with Yamaha for a repair?
            Thinking you spend more time banging on the keyboard than operating boats.
            Who backs their boat in reverse with a strong current ? Boats don't like to travel in reverse, little control, and the possibility to swamp your boat attempting it.

Comment

Originally posted by scofflaw View Post
              Thinking you spend more time banging on the keyboard than operating boats.
              Seems that way doesn't it?

Comment

he has already said his moves at 1500 RPM in reverse, that is just high idle.
                Must be something wrong in the T&T

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  he has already said his moves at 1500 RPM in reverse, that is just high idle.
                  Must be something wrong in the T&T
                  Or it is designed to be that way. According to some folks. I don't know.

Got my thoughts about it but that is all they are.

Comment

Working...
                  X