No announcement yet.

Yammi pops out of water in reverse when gassed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The innards of the tilt cylinder and piston.

The fact that it goes up and back down on its on tells me it is seal related. Just a guess. A wah.

Comment

sounds like you need to master your boating skills. Boats don't like to go in reverse. Maybe if the conditions are that terrible, nose it in.

Comment

Originally posted by scofflaw View Post
        sounds like you need to master your boating skills. Boats don't like to go in reverse. Maybe if the conditions are that terrible, nose it in.
        Are you suggesting that if a motor is not performing properly then the operator needs to change his modus operandi of boating?

If my trim is not working and I can't take the pounding are you suggesting that I not boat in rough waters?

Methinks I see where the user name came from.

Comment

F150TXRD hard in reverse. I lied. Took it to 4500 rpm. No release. Stayed in place. Roscoe is on to something. He would say the OP has el problemo.

Since Yam is a brother Redfish sportsman - caught and kept a 15 and a 16. Released a 26". He was a freight train! Now keep in mind I use 17lb fluorocarbon leader. Caught and released about 6500 short trout. Felt like it anyway. Mid late November should be good around here.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
            F150TXRD hard in reverse. I lied. Took it to 4500 rpm. No release. Stayed in place. Roscoe is on to something. He would say the OP has el problemo.
            Not only would rascal roscoe say there is a problemo, he did. Mucho problemo grande.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              Not only would rascal roscoe say there is a problemo, he did. Mucho problemo grande.
              Dogs fixing to play! Anybody care? F Florida!

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                Are you suggesting that if a motor is not performing properly then the operator needs to change his modus operandi of boating?

If my trim is not working and I can't take the pounding are you suggesting that I not boat in rough waters?

Methinks I see where the user name came from.
                Willing to bet his motor is working as intended.
                Yes, if the current is that bad, and your skills suck, then change your approach.
                Maybe thee should look up the definition of scofflaw.

Comment

Does your OX pop out of the water at 1500 rpm in reverse?

Comment

Originally posted by scofflaw View Post
                    *****ing again, AND got some bites!

1,500 RPM's and it's out of the water?? It's broke, duh...
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by iltfish101 View Post
                      Ok guys. I checked this today. I put the engine in reverse in idle and slowly throttled up. Anything above 1500rpms and the engine comes out of the water.
                      So it looks like this is an actual problem.
                      What am I looking at here as possible suspect parts?
                      You are looking at having the Trim/Tilt unit taken apart and find out what is wrong with it. Hydraulic systems don't like dirt, air, or sticky check valves...they just don't work right when any of the above are present.

If it popping up at only 1500 rpm then I would say you have trouble. Either take it to someone who knows how to rebuild it properly or see if you can get a replacement unit from a junk engine.

Or learn how to live with it and hope you don't smash you're boat or someone else's.

My two cents...

Comment

Does your OX pop out of the water at 1500 rpm in reverse?
                        Like shovelin shit against the tide at that rpm...never had a need for it

Comment

Solo would have said it's working correctly too......

Comment

Since Yam is a brother Redfish sportsman - caught and kept a 15 and a 16. Released a 26". He was a freight train! Now keep in mind I use 17lb fluorocarbon leader. Caught and released about 6500 short trout. Felt like it anyway. Mid late November should be good around here.
                            slot here on reds is 20 to 28"
                            and limit is 3 a day

Not much meat on a 15 or 16"

the 27" I caught Monday ran thru a lot of grass on shore line, suprized I got him in .
                            I use 17 mono with a short 20lb mono leader to help with the oyster shell in places. Brother uses Floracarbon leader material
                            love chunking plastic at them and watching them hit. Sight fishing is huntin and fishing all rolled up into one

Comment

Slot here is 14-23. So 15-16 pretty good. Better chunk of meat than most trout.
                              I can grill a red. But honestly, I fry most all of it... Even the pickiest of kids enjoy it. They will not eat venison, sorry little turds...

Comment

never seen a kid pass up venison ****y.
                                don't have to tell them it is deer ****y if it is the thought of the poor deer.

Redfish fried, grilled on pit(half shell), blackened, and even pickled is good( if you are into pickled herring in jars at store)

seems a lot of the trout have parasites here, but then reds have them some times also. Just cut them out myself, most pay no attention to them
                                Last edited by 99yam40; 10-29-2017, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X