No announcement yet.

2004 f225 txrc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aha, then if he got rain all over the controls it is possible that the buzzer pink wire went to ground thru moisture and that set the switch to on maybe

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

not IN the ECM - but rather wired to it - ECM pin #3.

AFAIK the "DES" is a "black box" module attached to the back of a dual key switch.

You aren't using a dual keyswitch with your single motor, are you?
      No, it's a single key switch
      Last edited by rpambrun; 08-26-2018, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Well, tomorrow, I will trace the pink wire out of pin #3 and see if I can find a damaged or grounded wire. The motor runs like crap also. It won't hold a steady rpm above 7 or 800 rpm. It did not run that way before I had to let it sit for a while during the bad weather and my absence.
        Last edited by rpambrun; 08-26-2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

the TXRC did not have an on engine water detect, it was an option that could be added to the racor style water separator but it wont show up on YDS as water detect.
          not all engines usesd the beeping for water detect. some yamahas would code for water detect in gear.
          some only in N.
          some yamahas used a steady tone for water detect,not all.
          why they call it a DES in the ECU is a translation issue.
          it should simply be buzzer on.
          it is simply the ground path for the pink wire from the honky horn.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
            the TXRC did not have an on engine water detect, it was an option that could be added to the racor style water separator but it wont show up on YDS as water detect.
            not all engines usesd the beeping for water detect. some yamahas would code for water detect in gear.
            some only in N.
            some yamahas used a steady tone for water detect,not all.
            why they call it a DES in the ECU is a translation issue.
            it should simply be buzzer on.
            it is simply the ground path for the pink wire from the honky horn.
            But why does his YDS show that DES switch on when his boat does not have duel engines?

Comment

Yesterday, I checked all the wiring from pin #3 through the boat harness and could not find any chafing or bare wiring. Does any one know how to test the ignition switch? The one I have was a used one and I am just seriously thinking about replacing it, but I hate to do it if the darn thing is functioning properly. That's a pretty noisy horn to put up with.

Thanks to everyone for helping out.

Comment

I do not understand how a key switch could cause the buzzer to be sounding.

Sounds like Rod said that DES switch on, just means the buzzer is on in YDS

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  I do not understand how a key switch could cause the buzzer to be sounding.

Sounds like Rod said that DES switch on, just means the buzzer is on in YDS
                  I wish knew how to turn it off

Comment

find out what is grounding that pink wire and fix it

the buzzer get + 12 from key on
                    other side of buzzer has a pink wire on it
                    chase that down, disconnection at different places until you get it to stop sounding
                    I would start as close to the buzzer as possible to make sure it can be stopped to start out with and then move along until you find the offending device or wire.

or use a meter to test the pink wires when disconncting to find the one grounding out
                    Last edited by 99yam40; 08-28-2018, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rpambrun View Post
                      Yesterday, I checked all the wiring from pin #3 through the boat harness and could not find any chafing or bare wiring. Does any one know how to test the ignition switch? The one I have was a used one and I am just seriously thinking about replacing it, but I hate to do it if the darn thing is functioning properly. That's a pretty noisy horn to put up with.

Thanks to everyone for helping out.
                      Did you test the pink wire, with the connector removed from the ECU, for a continuity to ground? With both the ten pin connector attached and disconnected?

Comment

Good idea, the only place to disconnect the boat side from the motor side easily is the 10 pin connector at the motor,
                        but he has to have a ohm meter and know how to use it

hopefully he has that

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Did you test the pink wire, with the connector removed from the ECU, for a continuity to ground? With both the ten pin connector attached and disconnected?
                          Just got through checking pin 3 continuity with a VOM from the ECU with and without the ignition switch plugged in and with out it. No beeps on the VOM. Then i ran the test with the connector plugged in. Still no beeps. I will run the same test with the 10 pin disconnected.shortly.. Completed that with no beeps
                          Last edited by rpambrun; 08-28-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Were you checking from the wire side of the #3 pin connector to engine block?
                            what setting did you have the VOM on?
                            and did you look at the reading when doing this?
                            or just listening for a beep?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                              Were you checking from the wire side of the #3 pin connector to engine block?
                              what setting did you have the VOM on?
                              and did you look at the reading when doing this?
                              or just listening for a beep?
                              I had it set on the continuity setting and I watched the meter while doing so. I fooled around with many points for grounding. The gauge just never got off of 1, but when you touched the two probes, it went to 0 and beeped
                              Last edited by rpambrun; 08-28-2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Never seen a ohm meter read 0 when touching the leads together or any other time, there is resistance in the meter leads

Comment

Working...
                                X