Quick and general overhaul.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to spread the legs!

Seriously. Put the ring on and pull gently outward on the filter body legs to retain the red ring. Learned the hard way myself. Redo...

Comment

Originally posted by Jason2tpa View Post
      Seeing the location of your fuel/water separator reminded me to inquire about this particular location, mounted on the transom. I see this quite often and was always curious if this location is chosen for a specific reason other than ease of accessibility. Your thoughts?

My separator is mounted under my center console, which is where the fuel tank line comes up from under the deck.
      My fuel line (3/8") comes out adjacent to the steering cable, not 2' from the engine.

It was the most convenient and yes, I can see it easily. I've never had to drain it (K100).

I had a reg steel filter there first but wanted a visible water separator. I had to make a bracket (aluminum) to raise it slightly higher to clear the deck(W/O making new transom holes).

I do carry that steel filter and strap wrench with my tools should that plastic break. I can easily swap them out and be going again...

The less hose and more direct, the better...
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
        Your "RED Ring" is already inside the filter cup. It's in the picture.

You just have to remove the cup, set the ring gently above the "arms" and re-assemble W/O it falling off. You'll probably do this several times as it's a PIA. Once it's on, it'll stay.

BTW, the cup itself probably expanded (where it seats) some and WON'T fully seat once off. Put that cup in the freezer for at least a half hour, then work quick, it'll now slip on.
        It WAS in the cup - that picture was before I put the new filter in (which was after the fun with the poppet valve) so that ring may have gotten tossed in a "screw you engine" moments. Found it on SIM
        (FLOAT, WATER LEVEL)

And yep! New scuppers and a swim platform installed.

Damn tube of 5200 burst in my hands as I finished sealing the platform bolts. That was my sign to quit while I'm ahead.

PS - shrunk the pictures down - sorry about that.
        Last edited by JerEazy1; 08-01-2017, 05:12 AM.
        - Eazy Life

Comment

Red Ring was in the garage - do not have to buy :thumbs up:
          - Eazy Life

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Working...
            X