No announcement yet.

SHOWA trim tilt unit bebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL ! It got stupid for sure , guess I missed that ball hitting the shop floor .

Thanks again to everyone for the help ,boscoe99 without that diagram I'd still be lost

Mike

Comment

Did you get it back together yet?
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Probably has to wait on part to show up...

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
          Probably has to wait on part to show up...
          Thought he may have found that bearing...
          Scott

Comment

finding a small BB that you did not know existed and did not see when taking apart is a very small chance.

But stranger things have happened in a shop

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              finding a small BB that you did not know existed and did not see when taking apart is a very small chance.

But stranger things have happened in a shop
              Shoot, I KNOW I'd find it a WEEK later after re-assembly...

(depends on how clean your work area is too-the floor)
              Scott

Comment

Scott has that high gloss epoxy sheen on his shop floor. Like the F1 teams have...he could find it quite directly. Not me. My wife and kids leave the garage door open all the time. Every piece of sht imaginable blows in. No win situation.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                  Scott has that high gloss epoxy sheen on his shop floor. Like the F1 teams have...he could find it quite directly. Not me. My wife and kids leave the garage door open all the time. Every piece of sht imaginable blows in. No win situation.
                  Not quite( ), it's a working garage so it does get dirty on big projects..
                  Scott

Comment

Oh Hell Ya !!! Parts came in , Parts went in , Outboard went up and down real smooth like . .Thank you to everyone , boscoe99 and rodbolt17 BIG Thanks

Mike

Comment

Towboat1 I have done the same as you. Pulled my unit apart as it was leaking between the acuator housing and pump body, replaced the orings reassembled, and now have perfect travel up and bounces when coming down. Like yours, my long bolt was seized solid and after plenty of heat, penetrant and persuasion I managed to get it apart. I know I have the small check valve with pin/ball in the top hole and the seat and two screens in correctly, but is there another valve or ball that I missed somewhere? I can't see the diagram Boscoe put up and have *****ed through numerous Yamaha parts diagrams and service manual to find out if I am missing something. I cleaned up under my workbench after reassembly and found a small ball bearing on the floor. I cannot be confident where it came from?

Any help is appreciated
                      Last edited by jezzalenko; 06-17-2019, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X