X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fill the cylinders while assembling.
    from there it is self bleeding.
    an air lock is not your issue.
    either a part got left out or it is assembled incorrectly.

I cannot scan things here.
    I do have 3 copy's of the drive train book from various years.

been doing Yamaha courses for about 17 yrs.

Comment

Service manual

If you download the Scribed app you can view the factory Yamaha F150 hp service manual for free during trial periode. Tilt and trim repair/rebuild is located in section 7. They also have manuals for other models.

Comment

rodbolt17 I had one heck of a time separating the Valve assembly from the tilt trim housing ( long bolt was stuck big time) to replace the O-rings . so very possibly something got past me in the reassembly process . I cannot find any diagram to use as reference to make sure I have everything back correctly . I did try and keep track of all the parts as I took it apart, can you verify what I thought I saw in there ?
        There are five holes where fluid can pass between the housing and the pump , there of the holes had something in them
        The very top hole on the right side had the check valve assembly ( tube with a ball )held in inside with a pin. I put that back in the hole ball facing the housing
        The hole directly under that had the down relief valve assembly (2 screens, a o-ring and the valve) that would only go in one way .
        The third and very bottom hole had a pin looking thing in it ( I've yet to see this piece shown in any diagram )
        The other two hole had noting in them !!
        Can you picture this and does it sound correct ?

Thanks, Mike

Comment

Find a friend and try manually operating up and down. It is not as heavy as you think. Loosen manual release and lift up. Tighten. Then open screw very slowly to let engine down. Don't let it drop! Cycle a few times. Check fluid level after to make sure it is level with hole. Excess drips out. This should bleed it. If that doesn't work, you may have to disassemble.

Comment

one more try.
            it is NOT an air or bleeding issue.

there is a valve that goes in a hole on the pump housing.
            leave the ball out and it goes stupid.
            ball is NOT shown on the parts diagram nor the SM.

Comment

LOL!! I believe ya rodbolt17 , I spent the evening looking through the Yamaha repair manual for the 2001 150hp . Crazy how much detail it lacks for this unit , I've ordered more o-ring and plan on taking the unit apart again tonight . It just kicks my butt not having anything to reference , I didn't take the pump apart only removed the screen while working with the pump. All the valve assemblies went back in their respective holes as best as I could remember.
              Can you give me an idea where to start looking ?
              the unit is trimming and tilting up fine all the way to where it binds
              to lower it I have to lift some weight off the tilt piston and it will start moving down in ****ing motions.
              When it hits the trim rams it still goes down with ****ing motion.

Any suggestions !!

Thanks, Mike

Comment

I have looked and cannot see this mystery ball either.

Must be like baby pidgeons. You know they exist but nobody ever sees one.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                  I have looked and cannot see this mystery ball either.

Must be like baby pidgeons. You know they exist but nobody ever sees one.
                  No one has ever seen a baby crow either. When you see a crow it is all done growed up.
                  Last edited by boscoe99; 03-09-2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks boscoe99, I've seen this diagram and I have the two valve assembly shown in the correct holes ! But there is another pin type piece in the middle hole below the down valve assembly that isn't shown on any diagram I've seen .
                    I'm almost positive the valve body and the cylinder housing were put together the way it came apart BUT this won't be the first time I screwed up so I'm taking it apart again to check !!!
                    The only ball that was removed is the one in the tube that went in the top hole of five between the two halves , that's still in place . From what I see the valve assembly that controls the down motion is the big one with little screens on both ends , so I'm going to start there !! Any suggestions ?

Thanks !

Comment

Does item 7 show the pin you are looking for?

Comment

biscoe99 !!! You are the man
                        This diagram shows the pin I referred to #5 that I've looked for on other diagrams and can't find
                        When I take her apart today I'll look at #7 to make sure the ball is in place. does the pin hold the ball in that valve assembly ( #7)
                        like the pin in #3 does ?

Thanks so much !!! Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Towboat1 View Post
                          biscoe99 !!! You are the man
                          This diagram shows the pin I referred to #5 that I've looked for on other diagrams and can't find
                          When I take her apart today I'll look at #7 to make sure the ball is in place. does the pin hold the ball in that valve assembly ( #7)
                          like the pin in #3 does ?

Thanks so much !!! Mike
                          I can't say if the pin holds the ball in place or not. It has been years since I last took a Showa unit apart.

What you can sometimes do (what I did) is to look at a later illustration from the Yamaha parts catalog for a particular trim and tilt unit. Same with a service manual.

If corrections/additions have been made they will sometimes be seen there. Yamaha almost never makes corrections/additions to existing illustrations.

Comment

Good call rodbolt17 , with the diagram boscoe99 when I broke the unit down tonight I found that the ball and pin in the down valve assy (#7) was no where to be found. One last question can I purchase just the pin and ball or do I need to buy the whole 60.00 assy. ? if so would you know the part numbers ?

Thanks to everyone that helped me along !
                            Mike

Comment

Re part #7, that pin would HAVE to hold the ball in as the ball won't pass thru it...

Looks like you have to buy #7 in it's entirety..
                              Scott
                              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

you buy the assy.
                                no separate parts.
                                I told you if that ball and pin gets lost the unit can go stupid.
                                seen it before.

dunno which unit is worse, the showa or the duel piston single ram.

Comment

Working...
                                X