Pressure Control Valve, 06 F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    With the bit of salt build up I found in the PCV cover, I pulled the thermostat. It still worked but looked pretty crappy (original).

Since that didn't look so hot, pulled all the outside (three) anodes. The once on the side wasn't bad, in the head, the top one not so hot, the lower, definitely bad so all those were replaced after a thorough cleaning (keep reading).

Anodes...WTH?? The shop brought out three that didn't look like mine, square "head" if you will. Mine was cylindrical with an allen head access to hold it...

On boats net, it show's the square head anode for under $9.00 :
    67F-11325-01-00 YAMAHA ANODE

This one, which is what was in the engine (and I ran this part # thru boats net) was over $23.00 EACH (discounted 10% too):
    68V-11325-01-00 YAMAHA ANODE

Replaced EVERYTHING with the originals, (very, very little corrosion in the block).

Can someone explain one anode costing 3 TIMES the price of another???
    Boatzincs.com has them a good bit cheaper I do believe. I believe Fairdeal got better performance out of Yam anodes. He posted some pics awhile back

Boats.net part number 68V-11325-01-00 ANODE
    Last edited by pstephens46; 02-21-2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
      Boatzincs.com has them a good bit cheaper I do believe. I believe Fairdeal got better performance out of Yam anodes. He posted some pics awhile back

Boats.net part number 68V-11325-01-00 ANODE
      I remember reading that post.

I was just inspecting / cleaning and found two that needed replacing.. The top one cleaned up so I have a spare.

I wanted the original ones (didn't realize the price difference till checkout) as they lasted 10+ years.

I wish I knew the difference (besides shape) between them to justify such a price difference..
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
        I wish I knew the difference (besides shape) between them to justify such a price difference...
        X2.

Although I can't imagine - if there is a difference in "alloy" - that the material cost "justifies" the price spread -

I imagine its just variability in their largely-arbitrary spare part pricing scheme -

each set by different people at different times.

Comment

Working...
        X