Pressure Control Valve, 06 F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    Not a problem now, BUT earlier I called Yamaha tech and they said to put it on OPPOSITE of your pic above Boscoe, IE mushroom up. against the spring...

Rodbolt, do you use the 572 on the housing bolts-per the manual?

I ask as the WP housing calls for it, and per an earlier post from you, said for salt water use, DON'T use loctite....

Can you advise?
    You talked to a non-mechanic most likely. Maybe a new guy. He is still learning.

Early illustrations had it backwards. See below. Later illustrations finally got it right.

Comment

Like this?

Comment

Moot point anyways... But thanks...

No one down here (auto parts store) carries 572, WTH???

Well, I don't have any and it's used often so I'm ordering that from Flea Bay.

It'll be a couple days yet... Thanks for the help...
        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 02-14-2017, 06:28 PM.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
          Like this?

Precisely.

Intuitive I would have thought. But like common sense, not so common.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            Precisely.

Intuitive I would have thought. But like common sense, not so common.
            He told me the "X" goes into the grommet... Mushroom up against the spring which does NOT make sense. I'm NOT using the new one anyway(per RB).

As a side note, the original, per the manual has one side longer than the other and goes in a certain way(per the manual)...

Just ordered 572 from Flea Bay so it'll probably be next week before I mess with it....

**It's messed up Yamaha handing out that info (and I did re-recheck with him just to make sure).
            Scott

Comment

dude
              change the grommet,scrape the pocket of debris,grease the bolt threads.
              that gasket is 100% reusable unless it is torn,yours looks great in the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                dude

Those aren't my pictures, I haven't taken the cover off yet.

I will tomorrow thou..
                Scott

Comment

dude
                  There you go again with the grease! Wars begin over grease...

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                    There you go again with the grease! Wars begin over grease...
                    I didn't start any "grease" war... The manual calls for loctite.. (like the WP housing).

Lots of contradictory info from Yamaha on the updated part(installation), but I'll be using the old one anyway..
                    Scott

Comment

you freshwater guys use all the loc um tightums ya wish.
                      in the salt pond use water proof grease or pipe seal with Teflon.
                      here in the salt pond we may wish to take it apart again.
                      this was my 18th straight year of attending school at Kennesaw.

not counting my years of Honda,Tohatsu,Suzuki,mercury mercruiser Force and Volvo penta.

one of the biggest difference between a fresh water tech and a salt pond tech is the ability to use oxy/acetylyne and drill and tap.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                        I didn't start any "grease" war... The manual calls for loctite.. (like the WP housing).

Lots of contradictory info from Yamaha on the updated part(installation), but I'll be using the old one anyway..
                        I was picking at Rodbolt

Comment

you freshwater guys use all the loc um tightums ya wish.
                          in the salt pond use water proof grease or pipe seal with Teflon.
                          here in the salt pond we may wish to take it apart again.
                          this was my 18th straight year of attending school at Kennesaw.

not counting my years of Honda,Tohatsu,Suzuki,mercury mercruiser Force and Volvo penta.

one of the biggest difference between a fresh water tech and a salt pond tech is the ability to use oxy/acetylyne and drill and tap.
                          Closest I have gotten to fresh water was up the Ogeechee river where the alligators start showing up.....sometimes I am jealous of the lake boats and their carefree ways.

Comment

Changed the grommet out today. The old one was in good shape with no corrosion underneath it.

The housing itself has a bit of salt build up. All salt was cleaned up with a toothbrush, a small screwdriver and water...

A very light coat of Yamaha's waterproof grease was applied to the entire inside of the cover (where the build up was).
                            Scott

Comment

With the bit of salt build up I found in the PCV cover, I pulled the thermostat. It still worked but looked pretty crappy (original).

Since that didn't look so hot, pulled all the outside (three) anodes. The once on the side wasn't bad, in the head, the top one not so hot, the lower, definitely bad so all those were replaced after a thorough cleaning (keep reading).

Anodes...WTH?? The shop brought out three that didn't look like mine, square "head" if you will. Mine was cylindrical with an allen head access to hold it...

On boats net, it show's the square head anode for under $9.00 :
                              http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...325-01-00.html

This one, which is what was in the engine (and I ran this part # thru boats net) was over $23.00 EACH (discounted 10% too):
                              http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...325-01-00.html

Replaced EVERYTHING with the originals, (very, very little corrosion in the block).

Can someone explain one anode costing 3 TIMES the price of another???
                              Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 02-21-2017, 02:07 PM.
                              Scott

Comment

Fascinating -

so
                                67F-11325-01-00 ANODE
                                also
                                68V-11325-01-00 ANODE

and then there's this "later rev" 68V-11325-02-00

68V-11325-02-00 YAMAHA ANODE

for which boat.net does NOT list the F150....

Comment

Working...
                                X