access to oil pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    Is it possible the NEW oil pump splines are smaller or different than the original pump?

If the mid section wasn't bolted up to the powerhead, I'd say try sticking the LU drive shaft directly into the oil pump... See if it goes in....
    If I am correct, the oil pump has a flat on the drive gear that mates to the crankshaft (not driveshaft). The driveshaft splines mate to the crankshaft splines. Other than driveshaft seals within the oil pump, nothing else from the driveshaft mates to the oil pump.

Seeing you are having such trouble with this, I'm gonna ask you to step back and look at a few things.
    Are you sure it is the driveshaft to oil pump/crank that is holding up full insertion?
    You should check the obvious first.
    1. Male splined shift cam assembly to female splined gear shaft
    2. Water tube assembly to water pump
    3. Muffler assembly to L/U (are all gaskets in place properly?)
    4. Male driveshaft splines to female crankshaft splines (did you go overboard with grease, if much is above the top of shaft, you will hammerlock and won't be able to insert completely, no grease should be on top of the shaft, just a light coating on the splines)

Did you order the correct oil pump by your PID # ? Could you possibly have the wrong oil pump? There are two pumps for the F150TXR, 1 being a 63P-13300-00-00 (for pre-2006), the other being 63P-13300-01-00 (for post 2006). Boscoe has posted that the only difference is the oil seals that mate with the crankshaft. Maybe more than this? You should have noticed when you installed the pump that the seals mated snugly to the crankshaft. Although the driveshaft on either should slip up completely in either pump, I would confirm you have the correct pump

A brief look at the F150 (pre and post 2006) parts showed me that they have numerous crankshafts and drive shafts, along with the two oil pumps.

It is always best to order parts using your PID #!

What is your PID # and what is the part # for the oil pump you got?
    Chuck,
    1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

I'm completely baffled by this.
      On the F90, F115 - the oil pump is separate, with its own splines, and can be a hassle lining up with the crank splines.

But the OP has a F150 - the only thing touching the driveshaft as it passes through the oil pump is a flexible rubber seal.

and I have no idea what he meant by
      "I should be able to see 1/8" of the oil pump body all around the driveshaft tube. What I have is almost nothing at the "top" of the diameter of the tube , and about 3/16" at the bottom "

He's trying to install the LU? how can he see anything of the oil pump?

Comment

PID tells me the motor is an 05 , my boat is an 06 , I believe it was an early 06 model , so it could have an 05 motor on it. What is the difference between the 2 pumps , do you know ?

Comment

postis , pid is 639x 1035848 , pump # 63p-13300-00-00 . This is the info that I have been using on all the parts I have ever ordered , this was also confirmed by Yamaha . I am at least an inch from the shift tube , and the water pump connection lining up . When I replaced the water pump last fall , the lower unit went back on no problem , but that was with the old pump . I'll try analogy again on the misalignment. Draw a 1" circle , inside that circle draw a 3/4" circle . there should be equal distance (1/8") all around the 3/4" circle. There is not. At the top of the drawing I have approx. 1/16' , at the bottom of the drawing I have 3/16. These dimensions are approximate

Comment

Originally posted by gsdanno1 View Post
            postis , pid is 639x 1035848 , pump # 63p-13300-00-00 . This is the info that I have been using on all the parts I have ever ordered , this was also confirmed by Yamaha . I am at least an inch from the shift tube , and the water pump connection lining up . When I replaced the water pump last fall , the lower unit went back on no problem , but that was with the old pump . I'll try analogy again on the misalignment. Draw a 1" circle , inside that circle draw a 3/4" circle . there should be equal distance (1/8") all around the 3/4" circle. There is not. At the top of the drawing I have approx. 1/16' , at the bottom of the drawing I have 3/16. These dimensions are approximate
            gsdanno:
            I got "no results found" looking for parts with the PID # you posted. Could you please verify the PID # and post? Is this a motor for USA sales or non-USA?

From what I understand, the only difference in the two oil pumps are the crankshaft seals within. One works with older model cranks, the other with newer model cranks. Looking further, the change happened beginning 04/08.
            Boscoe:
            Could you elaborate?

If Indeed you have the 63P-13300-00-00 oil pump, you should have the right pump.

Here are parts diagrams for both oil pumps:

[IMG]04.08.OilPump by Charles Postis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]04.07.OilPump by Charles Postis, on Flickr[/IMG]

Another unlikely possibility, could your driveshaft be bent/warped? Hope not!

Good luck!!
            Chuck,

Comment

Originally posted by cpostis View Post
              From what I understand, the only difference in the two oil pumps are the crankshaft seals within. One works with older model cranks, the other with newer model cranks. Looking further, the change happened beginning 04/08.
              Boscoe:
              Could you elaborate?
              Boscoe provided this some weeks ago (perhaps this very thread)

I feel for the OP - I have had a few bouts of nightmare LU install

But unless he found a way to bolt the oil pump to the underside of the block in the wrong place,
              it can't have anything to do with the oil pump.....

Comment

should have been 63px 1035848 ,

Comment

I went back to my order history and confirmed part # , it's the correct one . It's not a driveshaft issue as I can clearly see the misalignment between the driveshaft tube and the oil pump opening. I'm thinking of pulling the powerhead again, installing the lower unit , then re installing the powerhead with the lower unit in place
                  Last edited by gsdanno1; 02-22-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I can clearly see the misalignment between the driveshaft tube and the oil pump opening.
                    I am so not understanding this; you are looking up through the driveshaft bushing???

I've removed & replaced powerheads both ways: with LU/driveshaft present, and removed.
                    Personally, I found it a LOT harder to lower the engine down over the driveshaft

Comment

yes , with a small led flashlight , I can see up to the bottom of the oil pump , that is where I can see the misalignment

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                        I am so not understanding this; you are looking up through the driveshaft bushing???

I've removed & replaced powerheads both ways: with LU/driveshaft present, and removed.
                        Personally, I found it a LOT harder to lower the engine down over the driveshaft
                        yes , with a small led flashlight , I can see up to the bottom of the oil pump , that is where I can see the misalignment
                        OK, now splitin' hairs.
                        Let's address that driveshaft bushing. If the bushing was loose/worn/out of round in the mid-shaft housing, could that prevent you from aligning the driveshaft through the oil pump and into the crankshaft? My bushing is loose right now and I will be replacing that very soon. My thought is it may make it difficult, but not impossible.

Confirmed, your PID 63PX 1035848 indicates it is a motor from 4/05 production start date and the oil pump should be the 63P-13300-00-00 oil pump.

Where are you located? Heck, I'll come and look myself if not too far from me!~!!
                        Chuck,

Comment

I'm in flagler beach , about 2 hours from you. I'm going to try and draw a picture of the misalignment issue. but if you draw a circle on a piece of paper , then a smaller circle inside , the small circle is not centered inside the big circle . the 2 circles represent the driveshaft opening , and the oil pump opening

Comment

Is it possible that he was sent the incorrect pump? Do you still have the old housing from the original?

I think Chuck is retired. He will probably be on his way by daylight tomorrow.

Comment

I am sympathetic to gsdanno1's plight - I have myself been near tears with frustration over a LU not going back into place correctly.

But I think whatever he is "seeing" looking up the midsection is an optical artifact due to parallax...

Comment

that's enough out of you Agent Mulder

Comment

Working...
                                X