Trim cuts power to motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
    Wasn't an updated isolator if I am thinking of the issue that you bring up.

It is called a "Lead Wire Assembly with Noise Filter".
    Ah! I have considered bringing that up here. Other than its presence in the Parts fische, I know nothing of it.

It is plugged into the "pump driver" wiring of the "Drive Unit Assembly" - not the "isolator" wiring.

I assumed it was there to eliminate unpleasant static on my radio.....

Comment

Comment

the B model and the C and D models also had an update to the regulator/driver assy's.
        if the driver does not have 2 blue connectors it may need the update.
        there again a tech bulliten was issued.

Comment

kind of sounds like there was noise(feed back) affecting the pump operation when hitting the T&T

I would have thought voltage drop, but no telling what kind of noise was causing the pump/ driver to fluctuate pressures
          Last edited by 99yam40; 01-05-2017, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
            kind of sounds like there was noise(feed back) affecting the pump operation when hitting the T&T

I would have thought voltage drop, but no telling what kind of noise was causing the pump/ driver to fluctuate pressures
            Winner, winner, free chicken dinner. You got the reason for the lead to be added.

But I am still guessing that a voltage drop issue will be the OP's problem. After all this time and all these years.

Now one can spend about 75 bucks for the part and pay a mechanic about a hundred bucks to install same, hoping that this will solve the problem. Or, the mechanic can do a simple voltage drop test to confirm or rebut the need for the wire lead. Choices to be made.

Comment

Serial #

We discovered wiggling the wiring harness will stall the motor. Need the engine serial # to order proper part but the port side tag on the mounting bracket is partially covered by paint. Before I try to remove the paint can I find the serial # anywhere else on the motor. I would think it is etched in somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by randy3000 View Post
                Before I try to remove the paint can I find the serial # anywhere else on the motor.
                You might have one of these - ~5/8" OD - somewhere on the block

Comment

found it

That is what we looked for but did not find. I found that I had written it down in my Clymers manual a couple years ago.

Comment

The main engine harness is about the only Yamaha part that I know of that will have a part number on it. Inspect the harness for a band with some numbers on it. It begin with 69J-82590-

If you are talking about the need for another wire harness.

Comment

Working...
                    X