Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    Thanks, well, they were worn...

There has to be some evidence of excess oil somewhere.

As I'm too lazy to look thru 100 posts, was a leak down test ever done?

No excess oil but when I drive in rear I can smell oil burning. But there is no any smoke. It is the same as before rings and seals replacement. Oil consumption is cca 2dcl on 10hours. Engine starts and works good. I can make compression test if it would help us.

Comment

• Originally posted by panasonic View Post
      You already have the new rings. We are talking about honing the cylinder's to take the glaze off...(rough them up)

We are not talking about boring out the cylinder's.. They are two very different things.

You will need a new head gasket, that's it.

I know that but new rings still worked cca 20h on smooth cylinder.

Comment

• Rodbolt asked you on the second post in this thread "did you do a leak down test" You did not answer.

Please do a Leak down test on your engine. This will help determine what is wrong...thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by pakostane View Post
          I know that but new rings still worked cca 20h on smooth cylinder.
          No one knows how well the new rings are sealing the cylinders, until you test to see.

what does cca 2dcl mean?
          Last edited by 99yam40; 08-23-2017, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by panasonic View Post
            Rodbolt asked you on the second post in this thread "did you do a leak down test" You did not answer.

Please do a Leak down test on your engine. This will help determine what is wrong...thanks
            he said he did not have the proper equipment to do the leak down test

but he did say he bought a compression tester, just has not used it yet

Comment

• Thats right. I can do only compression test.

Comment

• Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                No one knows how well the new rings are sealing the cylinders, until you test to see.

what does cca 2dcl mean?

0.2. Liter

Comment

• Can you post some pic's of the spark plugs (used), after running/ burning oil?

A compression test won't tell much if anything...

Also, asked earlier, did you happen to check did you check valve stem / valve slop guide (when you replaced valve seals)? Worn guides, even with new seals WILL leak oil which will burn and build up excess carbon.

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 08-23-2017, 08:03 AM.
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

• I will post picture of spark plugs when I take photo.of them. I think valve stem is ok, but I did not measure them.

Comment

• Comment

• Those two plugs aren't oil fouled but are due for new one's.

As for the valve stems, simply "looking" at them does NOT make
                        them good. They must be off their seat and the play/wobble MEASURED..
                        Scott

Comment

• Those plug have less than 30 hours.

Comment

• I changed spark plugs with new. I noticed some oil on exaust hole and in overflow pipe.

Comment

• Some good pic's?
                              Scott

Comment

• This is after 4 hours at half load. After that 4 hours I did not notice less oil in engine. I think now engine has less oil consumtion. New rings probably need more hours to wear in old zylinder.

Comment

Working...
                                X