Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly like the diagram.

Comment

Boscoe99 , Fairdeal , thanks a lot for advices and patience with me, - yes it works. The problem was the wire I don't know why ( Not brake ) , and i changed with a computer network wire and instantly works . The trim not functional but i hope i will discover the problem.

Thanks a lott, and repeating good forum and good job!

Comment

Originally posted by pubertfester View Post
        Boscoe99 , Fairdeal , thanks a lot for advices and patience with me, - yes it works. The problem was the wire I don't know why ( Not brake ) , and i changed with a computer network wire and instantly works . The trim not functional but i hope i will discover the problem.

Thanks a lott, and repeating good forum and good job!
        Find the two pink wire connectors that are held together with tape. Located in the bottom of the bottom cowling. Remove the tape. Connect the connectors, one to the other. The trim should now work on the 6Y8 gauge.

Glad you got it all to work.

Comment

boscoe99, please tell me, hours displayed to the tach is from my engine or was registred to seller engine?( my engine hours or tach seller engine hours)?
          thanks!

Comment

here's what Boscoe hath said on a prior occasion:

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Command Link tachometers can show engine hours that are contained within the engines ECU. The ECU tells the CL tachometer what hours to display. Move the ECU to another motor and the hours in that motors ECU will be displayed on the tachometer.

Conventional multifunction tachometers can show hours but not as reported by the engine to the gauge. Hours are recorded within and retained within the tachometer. Move the tachometer from one motor to another and the hours remain the same.

Comment

thanks fairdeal, so my engine hours!

Comment

fairdeal, it is possible to have trim to the comandlink( tach) and in the same time trim to analog gauge?

Comment

have a analog trim gauge and if i give up to him i will remain with a big hole in the bord.

Comment

fairdeal, it is possible to have trim to the comandlink( tach) and in the same time trim to analog gauge?

yes but that will likely cause the actual reading - on both - to be "off"

Comment

hello,
                      trim not work, it is connected the pink wire ( single pink wire with white round connectors ) but i belive the signal is not going to ecm engine. what is the connector to send the trim signal to the ecm ? incomming connector for ecm engine. i identify 2 connectors white with 4 wires pinkwith black, pink with white ...etc... and 1 connector - pink and black wires( 1 connector 2 wires).
                      some sugestions?thanks

Comment

this is a picture from connectors, black and pink wire connector is broken20160816_173442.jpg

Comment

The pink and black wires from the trim sender have to be connected to the engine harness. If a connector is broken then it needs to be fixed.

This is how it should be.

Comment

thanks for diagram, yes it work, the pink and black wire was cut and the connector was use for analog wires.( not easy found ) )
                            the gauge show me all parameters like in prospection but nothing about the oil presure, just voltage ,trim , rpm, water temp. any sugestions?

thanks a lot!

Comment

nothing about the oil presure,
                              Boscoe can confirm, but I suspect your F100 DETL , like other "smaller" 4 stroke models, has only a "switch" for oil pressure monitoring - not a "sensor".

The engine ECU "sees" only that the oil pressure is OK / Not OK

It does not know specific pressure values, and hence can not report them via NMEA 2000

Comment

Yes, the F100 does not have an oil pressure sensor and thus cannot display oil pressure.

The gauge has more capability than some motors can provide.

Comment

Working...
                                X