No announcement yet.

Yamaha tachograf problems please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha tachograf problems please help!

Hello, I changed my old tachograf gauge(analog ) and trim meter gauge(analog) with yamaha original digital tachograf 6y8 t - 20( buy on ebay without instalation manual ) . I have the wires on position, and i want to know if it is possible to conect the digital tachograf 6y8 t - 20, to the old existing wires. digital tachograf 6y8 t - 20 has the pigtail (6y8-82521-11) conected - i know the pigtail have 4 wires : black ( groud), red( 12 v + ), blue, white. blue and white i don't know what it is and i wont to know for conect to old wires. my old tach have 3 cables: black (ground), red ( 12V + ), and the signal tach cable.
    is corect to connect this signal tach cable to blue or white wires from the 6y8 new tach?
    Thank you very much in advance! and sorry for language mistake

on the old trim meter gauge have black( ground), red (12V +), and 1white wire (signal ), i forgot to tell the signal trim wire and the signal tach wire go into the engine in a white 4 pins conector, and my engine is yamaha 100 detl 2010
    Last edited by pubertfester; 08-16-2016, 06:02 AM.

Comment

What is the model of the motor? The complete engine identification will be better.

To answer what I think is one of your questions, the digital display digital 6Y8 gauge does not use the same wiring as does the analog gauges. So no, the new gauge will not connect to the wiring for the older gauges.

The digtal gauge, referred to as Command Link, is applicable to 2006 and later Yamaha motors only. HPDI's and EFI four strokes only.

Comment

engine is yamaha F100 DETL 2010 efi,

Comment

Square 6Y8 gauges are connected same as round 6Y8 gauges.

Comment

that's a nice tidy diagram

but I can't think of what this represents?

Comment

Two fuel tanks?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                Two fuel tanks?
                Winner winner. Free chicken dinner.

Leads for a second gasoline tank that is not being used. If the leads are connected to a sender then miraculously a second set of fuel quantity bars will appear on the speedometer.

Comment

hello, please tell me in wires diagram you give me 6Y8 Diagram.jpg what colors have the connector wires ( 4 wires ) ( red circle with arrow)?
                  Last edited by pubertfester; 08-17-2016, 01:56 AM.

Comment

it is posible to be this connector? 20160816_173442.jpg?
                    if no, what is this for?
                    i ask you that because i don't find the principal connector show in red in your diagram! what it is for the 2 wires who was cut?( 2 wires with isolation band near the connector from my hand)?
                    Last edited by pubertfester; 08-17-2016, 02:13 AM.

Comment

in picture have a connector with 2 wires ( red arow and green arow ) the red indicate the trim ( go to the trim gauge- analog) and green arow indicate the tach( go to the tach gauge - analog ). 20160816_172608.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by pubertfester View Post
                        hello, please tell me in wires diagram you give me [ATTACH]2647[/ATTACH] what colors have the connector wires ( 4 wires ) ( red circle with arrow)?
                        its a four-terminal connector - but there are only two wires on the engine end

Comment

Thank you! so this is the data connector for the pigtail cable from engine to hub?

Comment

Originally posted by pubertfester View Post
                            Thank you! so this is the data connector for the pigtail cable from engine to hub?
                            yes - the so-called "Command Link" plug

Comment

the "Command Link" it is also nmea network? or it is just digital data from engine computer? thanke you again for the (picture)answer it was difficult to me to identify this "Command Link" plug because in wires diagram don't apear with color or someting else to recognize it.

Comment

Working...
                              X