Clear as mud.
    [IMG]Windows-10-Logo by Charles Postis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Muddin by Charles Postis, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Chuck,
    1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

YDIS 1.33 USB driver update for Windows 10

Hi Guys,

just been noticing a bit of the confusion on here regarding the YDIS 1.33 update.
      Just to let you guys know...... its not an update for the actual Yamaha YDIS 1.33 program ( there is no update needed for the actual program).

The update that is needed for Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 is an "actual" USB driver update so the modern Windows platforms can communicate through the YDIS Dongles Chip set that is actually inside the Dongle itself.

As i have posted a link to this download on the FTDI home page on my post i did a while ago on this specific thread, Post #17, click on the link and it will take you to the specific page, skroll down the page a bit till you see the chart with all the downloads, look at the very top of that chart where on the left of the chart it says "Operating system" look at the "Windows" line and at the very right of that line you will see ...WHQL Certified. Includes VCP and D2XX.
      "Available as a setup executable" .....under the comments section.

Click on the "Setup Executable" that is highlighted in blue.... that is the correct download.

The download should start and when its finished downloading, follow the prompts that pop up to install.

When that is complete and the correct "COM port setting is done, Enjoy!!

But remember and and this is IMPORTANT!!, always use the same USB port on your laptop and ONLY use that specific port for the YDIS.
      The reason is that if you plug in say a smart phone or ipod or something that needs charging, more than likely windows will change the Port settings back and the next time you go to use your YDIS you will need to change the port settings again.
      A pain i know!! for those that use their laptops for everyday average use.

When you change the port settings, what you are actually doing is changing the usb port from a "Data transfer/Power supply" port to a "Data transfer Only" port..

Hope this has helped

Cheers Scotty

Comment

Thanks Scotty,

I followed your directions here and with your PM. I followed the prompts but the download didn't take a minute or two..??

There wasn't anything about changing ports so I have to get that figured out.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
          Thanks Scotty,

I followed your directions here and with your PM. I followed the prompts but the download didn't take a minute or two..??

There wasn't anything about changing ports so I have to get that figured out.
          The download is only a 2mb sized download so its only small and quick to download....... Did you manage to do the actual download and the actual install of the driver package?...... if not then maybe we can organise a time where we can talk to each other via an internet phone call and i can talk you through it... ( internet phone calls dont cost anything )

let me know what suits you.

Cheers Scotty

Comment

Messed with it some today. At one point, it said it wasn't installed properly.

I un-installed and re-installed it. Had to go thru several different steps, click done, move to the next, so I think it's installed correctly in the lap top.

Did the update thing twice, second time, said it was up to date.

It got me to a page about com ports, moving them, etc, which I had no idea what I was doing.

My lap top has 4 USB ports and I tried all 4 ports to see if one was a data only. None would communicate with the engine.

Called HP about the ports, useless-unless your buying a new puter....

I sent a message to my friend who knows how to change the port to data only, which we'll do this Thursday am.

I sent a PM to you, if your in the US, I can call.

Thanks for the help too...
            Scott

Comment

Scott - here's a link to the step-by-step for setting that Port:

How to change the COM port for a USB Serial adapter on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 | Plugable

A further wrinkle is that you may not initially see the "Ports COM & LPT" line in Device Manager

in which case click the View menu, and then select Show hidden devices .

Comment

Maybe I am dead wrong. Doesn't the key need to be turned on for port to see the device?

Comment

Thanks..

Got thru most of that link, my computer shows port #3 in use(nothing is plugged in to any USB ports), ???

That link also showed something that my puter didn't have...

I'm just going to wait till Thursday as I don't want to screw this up this lap top.

Question / curious, I did find in my HP manual, that I have 2 regular 2.0 usb ports and (2) 3.0 usb ports. I gather, eventually, we'll be using one of the 3.0 ports?
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                    Maybe I am dead wrong. Doesn't the key need to be turned on for port to see the device?
                    I believe so BUT ONE usb port on the lap top has to be changed over to DATA ONLY, not charging and Data.

I was plugged into the engine (earlier), program open and tried all 4 usb ports, none worked. I THINK, once I get ONE PORT changed over to DATA ONLY, it should work.

I guess there's so much data going back and forth, a standard usb port isn't fast enough..
                    Scott

Comment

I believe so BUT ONE usb port on the lap top has to be changed over to DATA ONLY, not charging and Data.

I was plugged into the engine (earlier), program open and tried all 4 usb ports, none worked. I THINK, once I get ONE PORT changed over to DATA ONLY, it should work.

I guess there's so much data going back and forth, a standard usb port isn't fast enough..
                      The standard USB 2.0 ports work just fine.

Cheers Scotty

Comment

My neighbor was able to get the program working and also make it so the information while running is easier to read, (see below)!

*Something, that also somewhat happened too, it seems like the balancer
                        seems (type 3) seemed noisy, than usual.

With NOW being able to monitor engine temp, it takes a while to get the temp up and such, it did get QUIETER once the ENGINE temp was warmed up.

I know the difference between the type 3 and type 4 balancer is ONLY that
                        the type 4 has slightly more gear backlash.

RodBolt or others, is the type 3 balancer ok (vs type 4)?

Thanks ahead of time.

Also is there's also a different program to SAVE (to later use as shown below)?
                        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 02-01-2017, 05:26 PM.
                        Scott

Comment

My neighbor was able to get the program working and also make it so the information while running is easier to read, (see below)!

*Something, that also somewhat happened too, it seems like the balancer
                          seems (type 3) seemed noisy, than usual.

With NOW being able to monitor engine temp, it takes a while to get the temp up and such, it did get QUIETER once the ENGINE temp was warmed up.

I know the difference between the type 3 and type 4 balancer is ONLY that
                          the type 4 has slightly more gear backlash.

RodBolt or others, is the type 3 balancer ok (vs type 4)?

Thanks ahead of time.

Also is there's also a different program to SAVE (to later use as shown below)?
                          Scott:

If you decide to replace balancer I will take the old one. Cut me a deal!

Comment

Good to here you got it communicating properly

looks like your motor spent most of its life under 2k so far

Comment

Lots of canals before open water, but most of my running is 3-4,000, or 25-30 MPH.

6k RPM is about 45 MPH which you can see I RARELY touch..

I do need to know about the type 3 balancer.

I don't want to change it if there's nothing wrong with it..

RB, Boscoe, etc??
                              Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 01-05-2017, 02:30 PM.
                              Scott

Comment

Awesome..... you got it up and running.. Enjoy!

Scotty

Comment

Working...
                                X