No announcement yet.

F115TXRB intermittent issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being the pump/filter is way ahead of the injectors, I'd install the pump and try it.

There may be a pre filter further downstream(not sure on your model), I'd inspect and either clean or change that out. That'll give you an idea if crap made it that far or past.

Worse case, if there's crap in the injectors, that crap won't get back into the VST.. (no do-over's)

Here's the company I think 99Yam was referring to:
    Untitled Document

There's also numerous video's (some good, some not) on u tube on cleaning/checking them yourself. I know most dealerships send them out locally for cleaning, etc. You can either go thru them, or ask on the side who they work thru...
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Probably just need to clean the screens ..Just pop them off the injector clean or replace them. Just look at them and you will see. Its a very fine mesh pop in screen at the base (rail side).

Comment

a long 6 months

took boat in to Yamaha dealer in Lake Havasu Arizona jan 30th. They had for a month and spoke with Yamaha tech support numerous times. They said ecu and iac valve be replaced together.I did what they recommend.picked up boat and next day tested and found no change. Took boat back. They have been in constant contact with Yamaha tech support and finally Tuesday of this week the Yamaha regional Technician showed up. he was there a day and half. Boat service shop called and said boat is ready. They said it had carbon build up and that was the issue.

It decarbonation a regular procedure that needs to be done every year?

Would this possible cause the above mentioned problems?

I will be picking up on Saturday and testing on Sunday i really hope problem is resolved.

Thanks,
        Dean

Comment

What a process! I use Yamaha ring free with stabilizer. With marine gas only. No issues in 4 years. 1 oz per 10 gallons on a continuous basis. Did the shop mention this?

Comment

I seriously doubt the issue was fixed from a de-carbon ONLY..

ECU and ICV don't have to be replaced as combo unless the ICV is bad... They may be covering both bases at that/this point..

Please post back how the test run goes...

Plus 1 on the RF, I run it in every gas engine I own...(great stuff)
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

none of this makes sense to me, voltages rising /dropping , trim operation making a difference, ECU loosing communication ,pick up screen falling apart, and decarboning finally fixed the problem???

were the injectors cleaned some where during all of this?
              Last edited by 99yam40; 07-15-2016, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deanpijut1967 View Post
                Do not know where filter came from. I live in Nevada. Where would you recommend to send injectors to for service?

Thanks,
                Dean
                Here's an injector cleaning shop in Vegas.
                Pricing | Vegas Injectors
                Chuck,
                1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

OK picked up boat and started at shop. Idles real nice and did not have any issues. Brought home and tested again OK. Unfortunately can not go out due to 30 mph winds today.

The end result was.
                  Replaced ecu and iav the first visit.

Second visit.
                  Bad battery causing voltage issue.

Shift position switch replaced.

De carbonation if the engine .

New plugs and oil change and filter.

I hope this is what the problem was. I will take out this week and test hopefully after work one night.
                  They did say there may still be issues at first with some remaining carbon that needs to be blown out.

Comment

poking and hopen
                    I actually like blind mans bluff.
                    course pin the tail on the donky is a lot more fun.

best would be spin the bottle.

Comment

Been there done that...here's hoping you got it fixed...

BTW, just like I never left my key at house....I never would spend 300 to later find a bad connection.....

Comment

Working...
                      X