Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yamaha 90TLRA charging/running volts output?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its all smoke and PFM.

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post
      If you break apart the plastic outer of the diode and get to the actual bit that is the workings you will find breakage in the P and N junction of the semiconductor.
      That is you will see the mechanical failure. You can compare the difference between a broken one with a non broken one looking at their junctions.
      Most of if not all the diodes I have seem fail, failed shorted not open.
      Then the magic smoke was released from other components
      but then I did work on very large rectifiers not the little bitty electronic stuff on circuit boards

Inputs were 15KV to 138KV with 800VDC out 70K to 80K amp DC units
      the newer units were thyristor units instead of the old antique diode ones.
      You ever see large solid aluminum buss bars break their insulated bracing from the magnetic repulse from +&- due to hard fault current flow during a bad fault in one of the rectifiers

Usually the fuses took them out of the circuit before they had time to blow the diode apart. Once one went it loads the others on that bank up more, so if more than one went there is a domino affect taking out more and more until relays took out the unit on unbalance on the primary side

I guess the little ones would fail closed and then burn open,
      Last edited by 99yam40; 10-16-2015, 12:23 PM.

Comment

If you break apart the plastic outer of the diode and get to the actual bit that is the workings you will find breakage in the P and N junction of the semiconductor.
        That is you will see the mechanical failure. You can compare the difference between a broken one with a non broken one looking at their junctions.
        OK. I will concede that the diode failure is mechanical.

Now how about an electrical system that has no output. Turns out all of the magnets have lost their magic. They are now just lumps of stuff with no magnetism at all. How is this a mechanical failure?

Comment

99yam40, your right large diodes(thyroid tots and transistors) tend to fuse together and short whereas a small one goes open circuit, acting (failing) just like a wire would.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            OK. I will concede that the diode failure is mechanical.

Now how about an electrical system that has no output. Turns out all of the magnets have lost their magic. They are now just lumps of stuff with no magnetism at all. How is this a mechanical failure?
            Ah good question.
            Firstly no magnetism gets lost (like the humble electron that cannot be disasociated from magnetism).It gets lost inside the magnet by creating little magnets opposing or cancelling each other.
            A magnet "failure" means the total magnetic affect designed into its manufacture has been reduced(not zero); and this disruption is usually caused by a "mechanical" means , a heavy bump or extreme temperature.
            You would agree that metals fail. A break has resulted in the failure of its internal structure(one example thru crystallisation ), so to with a magnet.

Comment

99yam40, your right large diodes(thyroid tots and transistors) tend to fuse together and short whereas a small one goes open circuit, acting (failing) just like a wire would.
              I might also add that what actually results has to do with the surface tension of the molten material (liquid ). All shorts will eventually go open circuit if the current source is not removed, resulting in balls of molten stuff.

Comment

Now Zeno would you agree with me that there is no such thing as a vacuum?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  Now Zeno would you agree with me that there is no such thing as a vacuum?
                  Sure there is if you are alluding to the space between my ears
                  Man can't create a perfect vacuum, if that means a three dimensional space that contains no particles. And I suspect it cannot be in nature, as how would every bit be removed.
                  Even if you look at it a physics, radiation including light has some sought of particle theory applied to it, and it (radiation) cannot be removed from space.

If I had a vacuum in my head I am sure it crush to a very small size, but I just looked, it looks about the same size as everybody else's

Comment

molten stuff is cool, I use it for making .421 and .429 bullets for my M78 swiss vetterlis.

Comment

• According to the latest thinking there is more nothing than there is something. They reckon atomic particles are so small and the distances is relatively so vast that what we see is just an affect that there really is nothing. I can't exactly recall but the universe was made up of an extremely small percentage compared to its vast nothing. The theory is that the universe has edges and not infinite.
                      Here we go again, infinity is finite as someone has calculated or added up every smallest thing and came up with the largest possible number and that is?

Comment

• 14.6v .............
                        02 Sea Hunt Triton 172
                        02 Yamaha 90HP O/B

Comment

• only thing I try to calculate is how much trail Boss the old .41 swiss vetterli can digest. doesn't like 5744.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDawg3 View Post
                            14.6v .............
                            Dam it, I just knew someone would figure it out.
                            It's googledflex times 14.6v divided by 14.6v

Comment

Working...
                            X