2016 F70 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatorlizard View Post

It's really no more than an acid solution you gravity feed through the flush muff with the engine running until it runs out of the prop hub. Let it soak 5-10 minutes and do it again. I cannot see where it would hurt anything if I flush everting out after using it. Considering the back story on the engine I'll probably do it. I'll probably take the thermostat out before doing it.
    most recommend removing the internal anode while using it or replacing with new after.
    I have read good report on the Rdlyme descaler, but it is used with a pump and run for hours to clean things up

Comment

I did the acid flush as directed. I can't say it really did anything as all I noticed coming out of the exhaust hub was foam. No particulate matter. I did remove the thermostat and replace the anode after flushing. The motor is running well after cleaning the fuel cooler. A 40, 50 and 60 mile round trip with no issues. Knock on wood!

Comment

that foam was from the mineral deposits lining the surfaces being dissolved.
        what did you use to do this?

Comment

I used the Star Brite descaling flush.

Comment

Working...
          X