No announcement yet.

2016 F70 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a call today.. He said the high pressure fuel pump was the problem. I should have it back by the middle of next week. I'll confirm the fix then.

Comment

keep us informed if that was the fix, thanks.
      Did they just replace the pump?
      or some other things also

Comment

The pump has been ordered. I should have the boat back by the middle of next week.

Comment

I would ask for the old pump back. Hopefully the new pump will solve your problem. It just seems a bit odd to me that it would fail in such a manner as you described..usually fuel pumps quit and that's that..they dont come back to life after sitting for awhile. Just saying. Hopefully I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
            I would ask for the old pump back. Hopefully the new pump will solve your problem. It just seems a bit odd to me that it would fail in such a manner as you described..usually fuel pumps quit and that's that..they dont come back to life after sitting for awhile. Just saying. Hopefully I am wrong.
            I am not qualified to agree or disagree with you. I'll let everyone know the outcome of the fix.
            Last edited by Gatorlizard; 06-10-2022, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Started in the driveway today and it shut off after running at 2000rpm for 35 minutes. Obviously it isn't fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorlizard View Post
                Started in the driveway today and it shut off after running at 2000rpm for 35 minutes. Obviously it isn't fixed!
                monitoring fuel pressure into and out of the VST might help figure out, or at least eliminate some potential problems from the list

Comment

I don't think the VST is running dry.. After cooling off it starts with just a bump of the key. Wouldn't that eliminate the VST being dry and the lift pump? When it shuts down it still has spark but the high pressure pump doesn't run until it cools down.

Comment

how many pumps have you had do this?
                    why would a pump overheat?
                    running without fuel to cool and lube it is a good way to kill a pump.
                    test and prove things, do not just guess or think something is not a problem

have you tested to make sure the hp pump has power when it will not run?
                    is the problem the ecu is not providing the negative to run the pump?

what tells the ECU that pump should be running?
                    testing if better than throwing parts and hoping
                    Last edited by 99yam40; 07-04-2022, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                      how many pumps have you had do this?
                      why would a pump overheat?
                      running without fuel to cool and lube it is a good way to kill a pump.
                      test and prove things, do not just guess or think something is not a problem

have you tested to make sure the hp pump has power when it will not run?
                      is the problem the ecu is not providing the negative to run the pump?

what tells the ECU that pump should be running?
                      testing if better than throwing parts and hoping
                      Maybe you didn't read the entire post. With the motor shutting off after running 35-45 minutes and starting normally after sitting for 45-60 minutes there ain't a whole lot of time to trouble shoot anything. What do you think I need to check first? Where are you? I'd gladly pay you to diagnose and fix the problem.

Comment

run with pressure gauges hooked up to see if there is a problem with one of both
                        if you say spark is not the problem, then you need to find out if or why fuel is a problem
                        Last edited by 99yam40; 07-05-2022, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                          run with pressure gauges hooked up to see if there is a problem with one of both
                          if you say spark is not the problem, then you need to find out if or why fuel is a problem
                          How do you monitor the gauges with the cowling on? I guess you could rig longer hoses and run them through the cowling vents. That's the problem... Remember.. when it shuts down you only have 30-45 minutes to diagnose the problem before it isn't a problem anymore. If I was on fresh water I could probably put louvers in the cowling and live happily every after.

Comment

then do it your way

Comment

Take pressure gauge with you and when it happens simply take the cowl off and hook the gauge. If worried about losing cowl a overboard...rig up a small lanyard to it before you go out.
                              Also remember, people on here are trying to help you.. be kind.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
                                Take pressure gauge with you and when it happens simply take the cowl off and hook the gauge. If worried about losing cowl a overboard...rig up a small lanyard to it before you go out.
                                Also remember, people on here are trying to help you.. be kind.
                                Lots of the new folks take Yam the wrong way. He is black and white. An Electrician. Follow the steps or you may die. A matter of fact guy. He doesn’t intend to aggravate.

Comment

Working...
                                X