F70 3 beeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F70 3 beeps

I have twin 70s. New to me. Just got boat. Used 72 hours run time..3 beeps in neutral. Swapped onboard fuel filter housings (sensor) and trouble stays with port engine. From what I have been reading, a ground to the blue and wht wire to the sensor (switch) is how the alarm is activated. Tomorrow I will check that wire to ground. Question is is there something on the engine that generates alarms? Is it some type of alarm con*****er? Is there somewhere I can see a schematic? O'yeah, thanks for letting join the forum.. Jack

no one but you know what model motors you have and what year they were manufactured

remote con*****ed motors have buzzers in the con*****ers

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      no one but you know what model motors you have and what year they were manufactured

remote con*****ed motors have buzzers in the con*****ers
      Sorry about that. I do know better. F70LA 6CJ L 1009504 I checked the blue/wht wire at the plug with my ohm meter and it is zero ohms to ground.

Comment

what con*****ers are you using?
        Hopefully someone will drop in that has a wiring diagram and can help you

Comment

what con*****ers are you using?
          Hopefully someone will drop in that has a wiring diagram and can help you
          Yamaha 704

Comment

Could this be a ecu problem?

Comment

Yes it "could" be, it could also be something simple, you will need to do some simple trouble shooting, don't get tunnel visioned, you have two motors, test suspect meter readings between the two.

Comment

Maybe you can tell us when the 3 beeps happen.
                just key on , or motor running.
                does it keep repeating over and over
                does it stop when you put in gear
                or do you have to turn the key off to stop the beeping?

it was my understanding water in fuel filter quits alarming when put in gear. I am not sure on what models.
                if that is what this is and you swapped the filters between the motors and it did not change, then maybe a wiring problem( shorted wire)

Comment

In a twin application there will be beeps when the key is turned on.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                    In a twin application there will be beeps when the key is turned on.
                    is that 3 peeps like he said?

Comment

is that 3 peeps like he said?
                      Dang if I know.

All I think that I know is that he heard beeps when the key is turned on. A twin engine key switch panel beeps when the key is tuned on.

Comment

Boscoe, what do you know about the blue/white wire he says checks grounded?

Comment

He was thinking that he was hearing the peeping water in fuel warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack1747 View Post

Sorry about that. I do know better. F70LA 6CJ L 1009504 I checked the blue/wht wire at the plug with my ohm meter and it is zero ohms to ground.
                            if he disconnects the plug at the sensor and the blue/white still checks grounded, then there must be a problem in the wiring harness

Comment

Working...
                            X