No announcement yet.

Need some help with new to me 1995 P50TLRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you pump the primer bulb until it would not pump any more fuel into the carbs before hitting the starter?

and I hope you do not run the starter that long all at once.
    turn it to start for 3-4 seconds and then stop, and then repeat until it finally starts.
    may cook the starter if run without stopping for too long

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      did you pump the primer bulb until it would not pump any more fuel into the carbs before hitting the starter?

and I hope you do not run the starter that long all at once.
      turn it to start for 3-4 seconds and then stop, and then repeat until it finally starts.
      may cook the starter if run without stopping for too long

Thanks, yeah just a few seconds at a time on the starter. I did not use the pump bulb, I will give that a try next time.
      Last edited by 95Whaler; 03-30-2021, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Started right up this morning after priming the bulb, I guess it just lost fuel pressure. Thanks! Seems like the prime start stuff is fixed.

Comment

I have been using the motor quite a bit and it's working great, but I have some questions about whether this starting procedure is normal:

To start the boat cold I am pumping the primer bulb about 20 times (until it is firm). .
          Starter on for 3 short bursts of perhaps 3 seconds. It starts on the 3rd try.

If I turn it off for say 3 hours, I may need to repeat this procedure.
          If I turn it off for a shorter period of time (say 15 minutes) it starts up immediately.

Does this seem normal/acceptable?

Comment

Sounds like the fuel in your fuel line is draining out, so no, it's not normal.

Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
              Sounds like the fuel in your fuel line is draining out, so no, it's not normal.

Thanks - that is kind of what I was wondering...

Would that just be like a bad check valve somewhere (in the bulb????) Not sure exactly what would normally stop it from draining/or allow it to drain...

Trying to figure out if https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/6YK-24306-64-00 is the correctly assembly.
              Last edited by 95Whaler; 06-09-2021, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X