No announcement yet.

F6 4-stroke/ 2 cylinder detune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, i should mention the carburetor Assemblies for the F6 and F8 do have different parts numbers..... but when you break down every part under both assemblies, all the parts are identical... ?? Would these still be different even though all the parts under both carb assemblies are identical?

Comment

Did you not see the carburetor differences that I saw? Am seeing.

Belay. That. Now see your message.

The carburetor bodies don't have part numbers. My guess is that the difference would be in the body.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        Did you not see the carburetor differences that I saw? Am seeing.

Belay. That. Now see your message.

The carburetor bodies don't have part numbers. My guess is that the difference would be in the body.
        Darn!! You confirmed what i was thinking... different part number for the carb assembly is plain and simple a different part!! LOL

Now that makes the change and try it out for fun tactic a little expensive...

you have been a ton of help!! Thanks

Comment

If you increase the HP by 1/3, does that mean you need a different prop?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
            If you increase the HP by 1/3, does that mean you need a different prop?
            No idea? Props had same part # between 6 and 8 but i would assume it becomes very important to have proper prop in larger HP units.... maybe your 1/3 rule applies to larger units??

im no marine mechanic however!! LOL

Comment

It might "only" be 2HP, but it's a 30% increase, chances are there is differences you missed, or not listed, as in, the 8HP parts are backward compatible, but the 6HP are not forward compatible.

Comment

listen, you don't need to change anything on your outboard motor. on the carburetor rod of your motor, there is a restrictor that does not allow the choke to open anymore. bend the stopper and adjust the link so that the damper opens as much as possible.

Comment

Made it on my 6-horsepower engine, now the boat is planing with a total load of 270 kg. only the propeller 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 or 9x7, the standard one was installed 8 1/2 x 6 1/2, with it the motor gained more than 6000 rpm.
                  Last edited by Alex Solo; 08-02-2021, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X