No announcement yet.

order service manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol....thanks guys..pan,psteph, townsends &; 99yam..that was really cool with the offers and research....seriously..much appreciated..but, my " cheap ass" just ponied up the dough n got the e-book...curiosity was definitely "killin this cat"....PANASONIC.....yes thats the msg ..lol...PSTEPH...i got what i needed to see..n seeins how my printer "mysteriously" vanished in this last move..i cant print...but i dnt need too ..i get what i saw..no biggie..but thanks for the reply...now..on to PAN..looks like you went outa ur way for this ol man...researchn n wat not.. much thanks pan..Ok..99yam...to scratch ur itch....lmao...welllll....like i said...im an ol machinist/tool & die maker from detroit..My folks had automotive tool shops up there, before "they" killed the place...so i left to chase the Gvrmnt money in aerospace..went to san-diego back in 82 n got on with General-Dynamics,,did (space-shuttle,cruise missiles,the new F16xl's they were testn at the time) basicly proto type work..i specialized in "jigs, fixtures & and; checking gauges"I built the fixtures back in the 80's for ronnie barrett when he wanted to go into mass production of the barret light 50 sniper rifle.... Me & guys like me are the ones that make ALL the stuff we use in everyday Life..If u use a fork to eat with..A diemaker made the machine/die that stamped that outa sheet steel or stainless.if you use plastic forks ..a moldmaker did that.....this L/U im workin on..A "machinist/toolmaker"somewhere in japan did the prototype work to do the first ones to "standardize the machining/casting process.first step..is concept...then engineers take over n draw up prints.. a guy buidls a mold..My money's on a sand casting..then it goes to the machinist( who has to sit there and (run ALL the numbers to make sure the engineers math was good) lol.. to cut the threads,seats,bores for the race /bearing surfaces... ok to answer you question...I fabbed up a puller to "grab the 4 webs that hold the outer rear positioning ring to the case"....I dam sure wasnt payn for a TOOL i cud make...so i ran down to ace. got some semi hard 3/8ths J hooks..took a 1/2" plate i scrounged from the bone pile..drilled 4 holes in it over the webs .(4 holes 90* apart).. But before all that..noin metal like i do..ALUM in particular..i knew the oxidation was gona be the first hurdle i had to jump...so I soaked that "little witch" in white vinegar fo 24 hrs..flushd it with backn soda n water solution,,(to kill/nutralize the acetic acid reaction) n wipped up a dieel tranny fluid concoction n it sat for 3 days...(ol indian trick) lmao....and..with the aid of a hot wrench..everthing came apart just fine...(it helped tremendously that it lived its life in "sweetwater" thank God..lol...So bingo i gota stripped case ready for clean-up..a light ..(key word,,VERY light bead blast to keep any gremlins from fallin off the walls inside it an ruinin my day once i get it back together)....If u guys would like ..I can post some pics of it goin back together...Then im gona strip the motor n paint it...Then the little 13.3 "Hobie Hoppers' getn a face lift..lol...SOOOOO..once again..let me express my gratitude for ALL you guys that took the time an did the "leg work" for an ol geezer....

Comment

oh..I forgot..the pics of it when i pulled the carrier bearing says, it exceeds the file limit...how do i "cheat that" so u can see how nasty/corroded this thing was..any ideas boys??? come one come all..metals my friend...these computers...thats a bird ofa different feather to say the least .lol

Comment

Originally posted by sea-nile View Post
        oh..I forgot..the pics of it when i pulled the carrier bearing says, it exceeds the file limit...how do i "cheat that" so u can see how nasty/corroded this thing was..any ideas boys??? come one come all..metals my friend...these computers...thats a bird ofa different feather to say the least .lol
        Make a free account with https://postimages.org/ . Upload your pic's, then use the option "hot links for forums" and it'll show a big pic, not the little ones..

Have you got the engine itself running?

BTW, love the story and more so, the work you and co-horts did/do!
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

cool..thanks scoot..i'm on it...as far a running the engine...no...did comp.test..(after dousing the cyls withe the "majic voodoo juice" n lettn it sit for a few days) got 92 psi on both...and this was dry & without the carbs open..spark test showed good spark as well....sooo...with fingers crossed...i dove into the L/U...If per chance,i have an electrical issue...well i'm just plain..SOL....im a self confessed elecctrical idiot....wires and me just dnt play well together...lol...But in my search for a doaner lower..I did score a job rebuildn trim/tilt units for a guy ata salvage yard...theres a young kid there who's a wiz at it..I ask him IF i have a prob with this thing electrically could he fix it...he assured me he could steal somethin from a simiiar motor an no problem...they also have this really cool ultr-sound cleaner i can shake the carbs in when the rebuild kits get here....so its with wild eyed optimism...I press on....LOL...I'll go check out the link u provided..thanks again...

Comment

liseli name meaning

Comment

temporary image upload

Comment

OH man...Thats too cool...im bookmarkn that site for sure..thanks again..LOL

Comment

ok gang...heres the latest poop.....everyone i talked to about parts says some stuff is comin from japan...an yami mite put i off for 6 months...(or NOT AT ALL)...gota bad fellin if i pull the trigger on $1200+ in parts on a 93 unicorn....im still not gona get this little witch in the water,,,,movin forward...at this point in time...im considering startn the motor n jus paddlin ..lmao....SOOOOO...if any body...has a lower unit for this thing....(in good condition)....step right up.....lets talk turkey.......Scott.....to answer your question about runnin....i rigged up a tube to connect to the water pump intake tube an tried to fire it up...ran crappy..lack of back pressure entered my mind.....so i bolted the stripped lower on....an stuck it in a can of water..( I KNEW IT WUD RUN)...lmao...vid files to big to upload ..unreal...........OK BIG UPDATE guys....Guess who's smilin like the cheshire cat...After drivin over Hell's half acre..Lookin at JUNK....The last guy I talked to had a friend north of Jax...So off i go..(all the way to dam near georgia}...Found a lower off a mariner thats as close to perfect as i can imagine....Paid out the wazoo for it .(old guy knew what he had)...But man is it clean & tight....Took and showed it to my local ,guy that was/is the man in these parts....(mariner factory guy.Dealer.yami wrench ..the whole 9 yards)... Carl....works for Billy at Glenns boats 5 mins from the house....SUPER good guys...Both Billy & carl have been givin FREE advice since I got this thing...(Knowin I'm one of those nuts that likes to play with my own stuff)..Carl gave the thumb up on the find...not a speck a corrosion on the carrier or nut....VERY happy....So feelin guilty about all the freebie info these guys gave...Not to mention These two guys have probly forgotten more than I cud ever know about boats n motors,I took it down to let carl listen to it run....instantly said it was in great shape and sounded good..except for a slight rattle under the flywheel...timing plate bushing was sloppy..and the parts not made anymore....Well maybe not by the factory...LMAO...ill whip one up outa ammco bronze or appropriate self lubricating brass.. n slip it in....or carl will....SOOO...My little Unicorn is finally complete...Gota source a console an a few other small Items...AND...im off to the races....I need a tach for this thing guys...Also which carl says they dont make anymore...Unreal....but its supposed to be the kind that raeds reads the spark or some electrical jargon I do not understand... old tohatsu or nissan is supposed to work according to carl...SOO if anybody...SCOTT,PAN..YAM99... knows somethin...Im ALL ears...Thanks guys for all the help so far...

Comment

Wow, sounds great!! I know they make portable tachs (wired and not wired-held close to the engine) as I use an "Echo" for tuning my smaller engines, chain saws, etc.

Those attach to a spark plug wire.

I'm sure someone here will know how to make something work for ya (I'm electrically challenged cept for very basic's)

As for posting large videos (don't care for You tube as their public and can't be deleted), I use https://www.flickr.com/photos/147134237@N06/
                    Up load, wait a little while till it approves your video, then post here.

IE, a video I made just flushing my F150: https://www.flickr.com/photos/147134...in/dateposted/ and others..

Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I thought all of these Yamahas used the lighting coil pulses before it hit the RR for tach input..
                      I run a tach from an old evenruid someone gave me and it works fine on my 99 C40

but then some say tiny tack work by rapping a wire around a plug wire.
                      I think too much electronic noise up under the hood might be a problem

I think tach a is not really needed except to find the proper prop for your set up

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                        question I have is, what did you do to pull the carrier and prop shaft
                        Hello,

Use this one to pull the bearing housing of lower unit
                        Puller.jpg

Comment

Working...
                        X