order service manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• order service manual

How do you order service manual....looked up Boscoes thread..typed in my #'s..no results...

You went to yamahapubs.com ?
    and "find your manual" boxes did not work?

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
      You went to yamahapubs.com ?
      and "find your manual" boxes did not work?
      Hi fairdeal...yes...im a 93 C40 PLRR...there's only about 4/5 40's listed n nothing for C's???...thanks for the reply

Comment

hold on....it was operator malfunction....i found them...but cant get it because of this corvid crap...unreal.....

Comment

Originally posted by sea-nile View Post
          hold on....it was operator malfunction....i found them...but cant get it because of this corvid crap...unreal.....
          What is unreal? The corvid crap or the fact that the dealer does not have a manual on his shelf?

Comment

Originally posted by sea-nile View Post
            Is there a PDF version they can email you?

Comment

panasanonic; yes.but from my understanding...the Ebook is only good for a certain amount of time...being an old fart...(instead of my 2k air sitting on the bench)..a good ol fashion manal..or even printed pages that i can get grease n oil on would be the ticket

Comment

now to master Yoda-coes' question...lol.....I guess a little back story is required to "clarify" a possible misunderstanding of words i choose to use...I've gota 89 13.3 Hobie power skiff..( the Hobie Hopper) if memory serves me correctly...Came with a 40 yamaha on it from the factory..they were "rockets"...when i acquired mine...it had a great running 81 evi 25 RCLI (107 lbs..sits in the water perfect to my eye) on it..But..It had , no key,steering wheel or trim/tilt...The Bolts from the yami r still there.still sealed..SOOO...off i go in search of the Holy Grail)...a 3 cyl i was supposing....(189 lbs + 0r minus a few) After running around half of fl. looking at motors (98% salties an a few sweetwaters)..im still without what I want..I kept seeing an old beat up early 90's 40 with a blown cyl on craigs for MONTHS...Finally I see one 10 minutes from me, that was on a beer barge in lake Hernando...Been sittin for two years.was "supposidly" running when they pulled it off..i get there ..Its locked up tighter than a ****s hat band...everytthing came with it..cables, side mount controls,helm,,,,& a TRIM ooooh boy...it wont shift, prop wont budge, buy it did seem to wana move when i tryd pulling the starter handle... after talking with the woman i walk away with everything for $300.im thinkn the lower is just bad..maybe the rings were frozen to the walls after its 2 yr snooze..no problem..at that price i cud part it out if need be.....get it home, hang it on a motor stand..pop the top & puller.only to find out.....its a two cylinder c motor.C40PLRR....SHIT.....take a breaker bar,try to move it..i geta bout 2" travel...all righty then..lower unit...pull it..now it spins by hand n puffs at me big time..pull the drain plugs on lower..chicken feathers dust & cobwebs come out...lol..this things is LOCKED up...do a nada search ..148 lbs i believe but nada says its 3cly...now im happy again...didnt really want the extra 80 lbs on this 13' boat..I take this lower to every guy in town...even was so desperate as to go to a couple dealers...fancy factory trained yami emblems n all...nobody wants to touch it....all i kept hearing is ...it aint comin apart in one piece..no parts BLA BLA BLA...as im explaining the motor to them..showin pics n what not....none of um can believe this motor has..dual carbs,pull & electric start & tilt...ok...Im just a rookie...im no boat mechnic by even MY wildest imagination...But ..Im am an old tool maker from detroit...if its metal..it my friend..lol...so it dawns on me ..that parts motor i been seein...looks pretty familiar...i call the guy..hes still got it....i go look at this $400 parts motor to find its identicle to mine...lowers smooth as butter thru my stethascope...COOOL...oh the guys says...i sold the lower last nite...UNREAL....this thing has been a fight since day one....no one can find a lower thats fresh water....So outa desperation....I tear into this thing...Im thinkn..Im gettin this think apart if it kills me...sooo. a little white vinegar, then some diesel & tranny concoction for a few day soak n various & sundry ol indian tricks.......n WHA LA...its stripped to a bare case...NO BROKEN CARRIER OR CASE....gears cleaned up just fine....there might be a 1/64 (according to my radius gauges) roll on the dog teeth n the same on the gears...ALL bearing are TOAST...So now I gota find the specs to put this thing back together....Im googlin every which way..lookin for a FACTORY..(not that clymer crap) manual....i stumble on to this site and NOW im thinkn im home free...After lurking an reading some of Boscoes post..Im even happier...This guy knows his shit im sayn to myself....so when i finally locate a manual....Its a read only..an because of the corvid craze sweepin the country...I cant geta hard copy...HENCE my UNREAL statement...am i suprised I cant find a factory manual on a 27 year old two stroke...not at all..lol But..this little witch has been a fight since day one...so every time i think im gettn over the hump..an another wall goes up...I cant think of any other word than.... UNREAL.... No offence meant to anyone one the site...everybodys been cool answering questions n helpin my ignorance in outboard related matters....heres some pics of my UNICORN..from what the factory guys said...lol...well crap..my files exceed the max..how do i show pics gang????

Comment

some other pics that fit

Comment

So this is what you are getting at the Yamaha Pubs site

"Due to the Covid-19 Virus, we are unable to accept orders for printed manuals at this time.

We are accepting orders for e-Books, which are only available for viewing. e-Books cannot be printed or downloaded."

Well that is the poops...lol

Comment

What is the serial#

Comment

Can you use a snipping tool to “borrow” a couple pages that may be needed at any particular time?

Comment

I know the WP isn't working (dis-assembled) but did you try firing up the powerhead?

Just curious..

Also, I would think you could order the bearings thru the web site W/O a manual and get an idea of how well it (LU) goes back together, no?

Scott
                          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Mr Sea-nile,

According to the PDF attached below, your engine manual Part Number is LIT-18616-00-45.

Boats.net (this website) has this manual for $63.00

This link:
                            www.boats.net/product/yamaha/LIT-18616-00-45

Or just scroll to the very top of this page to "Yamaha Genuine Parts & Accessories" and click on it. Enter the manual Part Number into the search bar.

Yamaha Service Manuals.pdf

p.s. Your story was good!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by panasonic; 04-05-2020, 08:25 PM.

Comment

question I have is, what did you do to pull the carrier and prop shaft

Comment

Working...
                              X