No announcement yet.

2006 Yamaha F115 power trim bleeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Town- I appreciate the positive thoughts so far.

I will wait for someone that KNOWS the answer because I REALLY don't want to pull it apart again.

I do know it doesn't go like the picture, I tried that and the ball fell directly into the journal and that started my whole problem.

I would hope to have a real picture that actually show the proper orientation, but an EXPERT would make me feel better.
    2006 F115 Hurricane 226 Fun Deck

Comment

Originally posted by stuff2c! View Post
      Town- I appreciate the positive thoughts so far.

I will wait for someone that KNOWS the answer because I REALLY don't want to pull it apart again.

I do know it doesn't go like the picture, I tried that and the ball fell directly into the journal and that started my whole problem.

I would hope to have a real picture that actually show the proper orientation, but an EXPERT would make me feel better.
      Would your local mechanic tell you, that's if you even trust him?

Being you just paid him for the bleed, and its obviously (I suspect and agree with Rodbolt) likely a valve issue, it'd be nice, IF HE KNOWs, the correct way it installs and could tell you..
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

From what I gather he's been doing this for 30ish years, he seems to be a little Jekyll and Hyde (but I've only met him 3 times). Though this morning he seemed to be in a really good mood, if this is his demeanor most of the time he'd be an awesome guy to spend my $$$ with. I don't enjoy spending my FUN $$ with someone that's no fun to talk to.

If I can't get an answer here I plan to see if he knows or has some manual that he can look see. It did look like the parts guy had the diagram I listed above.

I had this on the fast track because I plan on using it this weekend with several other boats, friends and family . But with the trim working I can use it since I'll be in deep clean water all weekend and should be able to stay out of the TILT except for trailering. And if I happen to get into the TRIM it still works on the bypass. Nutt'n but a swim away

What I do plan to do is finish this thread will ALL the information I come up with, so it may be helpful to the "next" guy.
        Last edited by stuff2c!; 09-10-2014, 08:29 PM.

Comment

nobody has noth'n??

How about a link to the service manual that would show how to service this SHOWA unit?

I sent an E-mail to SHOWA... the auto response replied they will reply in 48-72 hrs.

Some of my what I consider to be the easiest DIY's end up to be the most frustrating.

What doesn't kill you makes you a BETTER DIY'r

Comment

can you not read?

I posted the only reason for no trim down.

other than technician induced faults, that's the only reason.
            if YOU assembled it incorrectly. all bets are off.

Comment

there is no doubt I may have assembled it incorrectly...

What I need to know is what the correct way is. I need to know which way that valve is oriented. there is a large open end and a small hole end. if I can find this out WHEN I do reassemble it I know I have it right. Then if the problem still exists I can move on and cross that off the list

Mr rodbolt17 forgive me if I missed that in your post. the last thing I want to do is anger anyone that posts here to help someone. If I did that let me apologize now.

Comment

no anger.
                no apologies for either side.
                but the only listed reason for NO tilt down is the pump assy.
                the little ball,piston and cross pin goes in the uppermost hole in the housing assy.

Comment

once again thanks for the reply!

I have it in the correct hole, but it will go in both ways allowing the valve to work backwards if installed wrong.

the problem is the diagrams I see don't show which way the valve points > towards the motor OR towards the trim housing.

I guess I can disassemble it, flip the valve, then reassemble it and see what happens, but if it continues to do the same ting I STILL won't know which way is the correct way.

Comment

the open side of the pin and ball assy goes in first.
                    open end towards the tilt cyl.

Comment

PERFECT!

that's exactly the information I needed!!!

THANKS for your help!

I have it in there correctly and it's not working correctly

Comment

I guess my final avenue to follow is to try and find a good one, used one, junk one here in Orlando that I can get a look inside.

lot's of 4 letter words and rattling around in my head right about now

Again I can't thank everyone enough for the help.

I will make sure I post my findings once I have fixed it... I sure want to make sure the next guy has a clear route to follow if he finds himself in the same situation.

Comment

-----------
                          Last edited by boscoe99; 09-12-2014, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Everyone has a bonehead moment... I thought going in and changing 5 o-rings to fix a leak was a no brainer.

Well was I ever WRONG!

that is the best diagram I have seen that shows that particular valve THANK YOU.

you wouldn't have a view of the other 2 valve placements just in case the diagrams I have been using are less detailed and I have them messed up.

AND NO I do not have a manual...

Comment

Originally posted by stuff2c! View Post
                              nobody has noth'n??

How about a link to the service manual that would show how to service this SHOWA unit?

I sent an E-mail to SHOWA... the auto response replied they will reply in 48-72 hrs.

Some of my what I consider to be the easiest DIY's end up to be the most frustrating.

What doesn't kill you makes you a BETTER DIY'r
                              Well I did receive a response from SHOWA... "We do not deal directly with the consumer, Please contact YAMAHA"

I was kind of expecting something along those lines.

Comment

So after taking boscoe99's advice I looked though a current service manual. THANKS boscoe99 for the push in the right direction. read the directions!

I found this page that lists a "down-relief valve" it has screens on both ends and I did blow the valve/screens out with air before I installed it. But since they call it the "down-relief valve" and that's the problem I am having this is where I am headed next.

I plan to use the boat this weekend and deal with it as/is, mow my grass and deal with it again on maybe late Sunday or Monday.

I will make any updates here as soon as I have them. in the mean time I still open for any and all suggestions.

thanks for everyone's help so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X