No announcement yet.

Rodlbolt; Looking for parts motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

things are slow again, and I was thinking about your project this morning.
    did you ever find a motor to do it?

also was wondering how the balance would be affected when the pistons and rods were removed from a motor.
    Is not the flywheel there to help balance out the moving parts of the motor?
    I guess it also depends on how fast you would be turning the motor

maybe make a shaft to fit the flywheel.
    you could have it built to fit regular sealed bearings .
    or just use the top end of the pressed together crank and weld it to a shaft
    Last edited by 99yam40; 05-23-2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      I was wondering how you planned on keeping the main bearings lubed.
      ball bearing mains would be a lot easier than babit inserts like autos have
      Grease. Ball bearings or babbit bearings. No load on the motor so it should not take much lubrication.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        things are slow again, and I was thinking about your project this morning.
        did you ever find a motor to do it?

also was wondering how the balance would be affected when the pistons and rods were removed from a motor.
        Is not the flywheel there to help balance out the moving parts of the motor?
        I guess it also depends on how fast you would be turning the motor

maybe make a shaft to fit the flywheel.
        you could have it built to fit regular sealed bearings .
        or just use the top end of the pressed together crank and weld it to a shaft
        Never found a motor.

Don't know how the balance would be. Will find out if I ever get to it. Try different speeds (up to about 4000 RPM) and see what happens.

All I have been able to discover so far is that the rotor that I bought has some strong strong magnets. Appear to be much stronger than anything Yamaha uses. Burned up one stator letting it create too much electricity for a tad too long.

Comment

I am guessing it was being turned too fast?

Comment

Working...
          X