Rodlbolt; Looking for parts motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodlbolt; Looking for parts motor

A while back you were going to see if you had a small scrap junker two stroke motor available. Did you forget? Did you find anything?

Looking for the block, crankshaft, rotor and R/R.

would a complete 1966 6hp jonnyrude work?
    it ran the last time I ran it.

Comment

That won't work. I am really looking for just a block, crank shaft, rotor and stator. From a junk pile of motors. Two, three or four cylinder preferably. 25 ~ 100 HP or so. That otherwise would be headed to the smelters.

Comment

I have a mid eighties 35 jonnyrude that has aabout had it.

Comment

I have a 80s 30hp 2 cylinder Yamaha I picked up out of a ditch years ago that has a bunch of broken head bolts, someone threw away.
          I played with drilling the broke bolts out, but never did get them out, and did not want to spend money on it since it had overheated real bad looking at the paint on the head.
          It might work for what you want.
          been thinking of cleaning out that storage shed.
          I think I have a Johnyrude 25 in there also that my brother had. it was frozen due to rust in bottom cylinder

Comment

Transportation could get interesting. Boscoe making a road trip?

Comment

I grabbed the power head to make sure it was still there and made sure it still turned. It is heavy

Comment

Bored. Mileage from Boscoe to Yam about 850 miles. Maybe 640 to Rodbolt.

Comes down to food IMO. BBQ or Fish.

Comment

Speaking of food and Texas, I just watched Cooks Country do a braised brisket. It looked really really good. Only about 3.5 hours. Moist. Juicy.

Comment

depends on what time I put a brisket on the pit, but after 6 to 8 hours of smoke I will wrap it in foil and cook it the rest of the time( usually 14 - 16 hours) around 220 deg F.
                    It is tender and juicy when I am thru.
                    really do not like it when you cannot cut it because it falls apart.
                    I like it to hold together when cutting.

Boscoe You interested in the 30HP yam I have, or too far to ship ?

maybe Rod drives over in that direction for the schooling he does

Comment

Does the motor have the flywheel and stator on it?

With it stripped of all but the crank shaft, flywheel and stator how much do you think that it weighs?

My brother lives in Willis north of Houston. How far are you from him?

This is for my lighting coil power production project. My permanent magnet generators are producing too much current. Guess that it is the strength of those damn magnets.

Comment

Talking about the weight of just the block, crank, rotor and stator.

Comment

Not sure, but I can see if the pistons can come out of it fairly easy
                          but if it is like my C40TLRX the rods are attached to the crank.
                          Pressed crank so rods may not just unbolt.
                          I did not take it that far apart yet.
                          but yes the flywheel and stator are still on it.
                          I will see about weighing it tomorrow and see if the crank includes the rods.
                          looked like the RR was mounted to the same bracket as the ignition coil and maybe CDI, but those looked small
                          will also take pics

The hospitals in houston are about 1 hour drive from my house.
                          many trips dealing with Mom and dad.
                          so about 50 - 60 miles. not sure were Willis is I will have to look

Comment

Willis north of Conroe.

Comment

Looks like 102 miles from clute to willis

Comment

Working...
                              X