X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
    Wait for it. It is coming.
    Like the Optima batteries melting/burning?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Like the Optima batteries melting/burning?
      No, like RB melting and burning!

Yes, it's that simple Virginia!
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

aint gonna do it

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          aint gonna do it
          well now i just feel left out.

None of my threads are complete without you calling me an idiot or something of that nature. And then telling me how i need to do it the right way so i don't melt a piston or something catastrophic.

So Come on man! hit me with it!

Comment

Originally posted by JerEazy2 View Post

well now i just feel left out.

None of my threads are complete without you calling me an idiot or something of that nature. And then telling me how i need to do it the right way so i don't melt a piston or something catastrophic.

So Come on man! hit me with it!
            Nothing major, just richening up the idle mix a tad at idle...

I wanna know how these guys are getting the orange bars and 99yam post 10,000 posts in a week??
            Scott

Comment

In a week?
              when I look at my profile it says I joined a minute ago

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                In a week?
                when I look at my profile it says I joined a minute ago
                10,000 posts in a minute from a newbie, I think that's a record!!
                Scott

Comment

those crazy flipper fingers.

Comment

those crazy flipper fingers.
                    lol!!!!...
                    Scott

Comment

aint but so many of us old enough to catch"crazy flipper fingers" .

Comment

aint but so many of us old enough to catch"crazy flipper fingers" .
                        not sure , but think flipper fingers relates to the old pin ball machines maybe?

Comment

a mean pinball.

Comment

Wanted to post back up. Before my last trip out i backed out all of the pilot screws 1/4 turn. I did not have the sneeze during idle while i was on the river. But it might have had to do that the engine did not want to just "idle" at all. i had to basically leave it constantly throttle advanced while not moving in gear. It was also very hard to start after stopping and fishing for more than 30 minutes.

Bulb was still hard, turning key would start it and it would die within 5 seconds if i didn't quickly advance the throttle out of gear. If it did die, restarting took some throttle pumping, choking, and finger crossing.

This was a bit frustrating. But, she did run and ran just fine even with the heavy load of 6 adults (4 of us close to or more than 400 lbs) a full livewell, full coolers, and gear. 5300 RPMs WOT and 4000 rpm cruise at a solid 30mph on GPS The idle RPMs were right where they should have been in gear and underway.

So here is where i am at: After looking back at my carb rebuild pictures and digging through my brain for how i actually did the rebuild, i can only assume i did something incorrectly. I know for fact i did not remove the pilot screws and springs. As such, i am assuming that not removing and cleaning out those passages (even though the carb was soaked) may have left some gunk in there.

So unless someone has another idea of what may be causing the hard re-start, not wanting to idle issues, that's where i'm headed back to next. I'm actually likely to order new pilot screws for good measure during the rebuild.

Side note: Considering my last rebuild was done less than 2 months ago, am i safe reusing all the gaskets, washers and float needles? Or is it not worth the risk. Better to just spend the $50?

Comment

If the pilot screws were not removed , then you did not clean all of the passages well

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                                If the pilot screws were not removed , then you did not clean all of the passages well
                                Exactly. And if the pilot screws were not removed (the easy part) then what else was not done?

Spraying carburetor cleaner through a carburetor is not cleaning the carburetor.

Comment

Working...
                                X