No announcement yet.

2002 F200txra won't go over 5000 rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to trouble shoot not splatter gun.
    however I have done this over 30 years and I do have some test gear. if your off 1000 turns on a V6 it typically means your down 1 cyl.
    could be as stupid as a plug failed.
    that is where a Kv tester comes in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      I tend to trouble shoot not splatter gun.
      however I have done this over 30 years and I do have some test gear. if your off 1000 turns on a V6 it typically means your down 1 cyl.
      could be as stupid as a plug failed.
      that is where a Kv tester comes in handy.
      I replace the plugs today, they looked bad, scan the ECU, getting a code 18. Looks like I have a bad TPS, I will do some testing on it tomorrow. Only had afterwork time to work on it. Also thx you Rodbolt

Comment

Well today, I check the TPS, and found out I didn't connect the connector in fully. So I fix that, now I am getting a Error Code 45, which is a Shift cutout switch. took the shifting bracket apart and the rubber switch part is falling aparts. So I ordered a new one..

Comment

I am impressed you did not install a new TPS as the ecu told you it was bad.
          I have seen more TPS and shift position switchs changed cause the "puter said".
          that is why the correct test procedures are in the manual and the best tool you have is between the ears.
          some motors have a shift cut AND a shift position. make sure your on the correct switch.

Comment

I am impressed you did not install a new TPS as the ecu told you it was bad.
            I have seen more TPS and shift position switchs changed cause the "puter said".
            that is why the correct test procedures are in the manual and the best tool you have is between the ears.
            some motors have a shift cut AND a shift position. make sure your on the correct switch.
            Thx you, you taught me well, you helped me a couple of times with the ICV, ECU, and burning out coils. That was a very very expensive lesson. I always double check now, I will test one day. Then get upset if something is wrong. Then sleep on it, then recheck. If it is still bad the next day I will order the part.

This weekend in Southern Cal it is windy and big white caps so no fishing, so I decided to triple check the shift position switch and see if it is still ok. It has continuity when it should and looks new. So we are good, will keep everyone posted.

I hate it when I read a post and there is no conclusion.

Comment

the entire month of march has sucked here.but the Spanish American war shoot went well.
              used a model 1916 Spanish in 7x57,a 1935 Turkish in 8x57,an SMLE enfield in .303,an m78 vetterli in 10.4x38,a 1903 springfield and a 1920 straight pull styer in 8x56 . . I shot 6 stages with 6 different rifles in my boot camp issued dress blues.

Comment

the entire month of march has sucked here.but the Spanish American war shoot went well.
                used a model 1916 Spanish in 7x57,a 1935 Turkish in 8x57,an SMLE enfield in .303,an m78 vetterli in 10.4x38,a 1903 springfield and a 1920 straight pull styer in 8x56 . . I shot 6 stages with 6 different rifles in my boot camp issued dress blues.
                You are probably the only 50+ year old who can still fit in your original issue uniform. March has sucked. Today sucks. 46 degrees and rain.

Comment

it has been dry here and temps are not bad, but the wind keeps me off the water.
                  So I have been heading up to the 68 acres in Winchester TX and cutting Mesquite and other t***** trees.( trees with thorns)
                  One more trip should get that done ,hopefully.
                  then I can dig some fence posts holes and beef up the fence heading down to the creek.
                  hoping for no floods this year.

Back in my younger days I wore 30 X32 jeans.
                  now I wear 36 X 30.
                  The old belly kind of pushes my pants down a little lower
                  what can you expect from a 65 YO

Comment

What is it with needing shorter inseams on britches as the years go by? I understand the waistline getting larger but not the inseam getting shorter. Unless I am now wearing high water britches and don't know it.

Or have my leg bones shrunk?

Finally getting back into my 34's from 36's. Cut back to only two reasonable size meals a day, with some fruit to carry me to bed time. For a while it was three full meals with lots of junk stuff eaten just for the hellavit. No real reason.

Comment

You guys are killing me. I am 6'1" 300 lbs. my waist is a good 42' I wish I could wear a 36. time for me to lose 100lbs.. LMAO.. to much good SEEFood not Seafood!!!!

LOL..

Comment

I think if I wore suspenders I could keep my pants up and wear 32 inseam again.
                        But I think the beer gut pushes them down an inch or so,
                        and I may have shrunk and inch
                        5' 10" &195lbs now and I use to b 5 11 &170

Comment

I have gotten thin enough that my gunbelt has suspenders so my pistols do not fall off when walking to the line. yall can see some shots on the OBX gun club face book page.

Comment

I have gotten thin enough that my gunbelt has suspenders so my pistols do not fall off when walking to the line. yall can see some shots on the OBX gun club face book page.
                            LOL, I need suspenders just to hold up my AR. lol,

Question Rodbolt or anyone, I tested "shift cut switch" and I am getting a resistant reading when the switch is not depressed. Do you think that is causing my motor to run on 4 cylinders, intermittently? Now that I am replacing the switch, i was just wondering, this could have been my problem of why it won't go pass 4700 rpm or 5000 rpm on occasion. Thanks in advance for the info..

Comment

My reading of the SM is that the ECU only acts on the shift cut at or below 2000 rpms

also states that if seeing an “incorrect shift cut signal” the ECU increases idle

seems then that it could not be a cause of limiting your rpms
                              and also that if it were defective you would see evidence at idle

perhaps Rodbolt can clarify what the SM means

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                                My reading of the SM is that the ECU only acts on the shift cut at or below 2000 rpms

also states that if seeing an “incorrect shift cut signal” the ECU increases idle

seems then that it could not be a cause of limiting your rpms
                                and also that if it were defective you would see evidence at idle

perhaps Rodbolt can clarify what the SM means
                                I read that too. I have been having those issues too, but only intermittently. Thx for coming back, just a reminder, I did clean, all filters, including VST, and replace filters, and serviced injectors. fuel pressure is 44 psi in fuel rail.

Comment

Working...
                                X