No announcement yet.

digital fuel gauge and analoge gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to remove the extention and that is why I wanted to remove the reducer and as the main cable is a6 pin I wanted to use the 4 pin pluge and when I dismanteled it I have not instaled the wires in the corect way but then I instald all as it should be and the gaugs where working and showing whrs etc but the engine did not started so may be as the battery was low tomorow I will retry to start it with a full charge battery and let you know what hapends

Comment

The previus motor a 2010 mercury 60 hp efi had a harnes from the electronic moduel that sends signal to the analoge gauges. Do you know if with this type of (yamaha) module there is any kind of harnes to use the analoge gauges

Comment

Originally posted by jasoncallej View Post
        The previus motor a 2010 mercury 60 hp efi had a harnes from the electronic moduel that sends signal to the analoge gauges. Do you know if with this type of (yamaha) module there is any kind of harnes to use the analoge gauges
        With a 2012 Yamaha F100 you can connect analog gauges in one of two different ways.

One way is the way that I first described and for which I posted a wiring diagram showing a motor with analog gauges. That is the cheapest and most expedient way to go about it. It is the suggested Yamaha way.

The other way is to use the Command Link network. The one that I most recently posted an illustration of. The one with the 703 control box. You would then have to use a Yamaha analog to digital converter box and connect the analog gauges to it. All you would be doing is spending time and money putting stuff that can break in the boat with no real benefit being realized.

But, if someone wants to go around their elbow to get to their thumb, then Yamaha would love to have their money.

Go here to see some suggestions as to how Yamaha suggests that gauges be installed.

2013-MRP-Catalog

Comment

Today I have checked that al the wireing was instaled properly and used a full charged battery and the motor started and warked fine so the battery was the problem

Comment

I would like to ask if I have to install any accesori to the motor to show the engine oil pressure or temp as the gauge does not show it

Comment

Working...
            X