digital fuel gauge and analoge gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

----------------------
    Last edited by boscoe99; 12-22-2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jasoncallej View Post
      I don't know if you can tell me for what is the use of the red wire I think that the green is tach signal am I right?. Thanks
      The pink is for trim. do you know what are the other colours use for?. Thanks. Jason

Comment

----------------------
        Last edited by boscoe99; 12-22-2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

---------------

Comment

I was refering to the other dagram wher there is the 4 pin socket. The pink is for trim but the other 3 wires do it have any other use like temp oil or no. Thanks

Comment

----------------------

Comment

Does the yamaha need a full charged battery to start or I massed up any wire? I tride to start the outboard and wount start up I know that the battery was not full charged infact after a few cranking it was dead but I know too that I have attached the wire in the socket of the trim/oil harnes wrong if it is trim/oil, harnes as the colors are black/red/blue/white and it is conectet from a 4 pin pluge to the digital module where it conects to the gauges
                Last edited by jasoncallej; 12-22-2013, 11:16 AM.

Comment

-----------------------

Comment

------------------

Comment

Yes it is a module that gets curent from the ignition and a harnes from the motor and it can conect a no of 3 digital gauges I try to find a picture of it and post it

Comment

Yes it is a module that gets curent from the ignition and a harnes from the motor and it can conect a no of 3 digital gauges I try to find a picture of it and post it
                        Well now you seem to be talking about Yamaha digital gauges. More specifically, Yamaha digital Command Link gauges. Completely different animal from analog gauges or Yamaha conventional digital display analog gauges.

If what I am assuming is correct, how did we go from analog needle and dial gauges to digital gauges?

Is this what you are now talking about?

Last edited by boscoe99; 12-22-2013, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Command Link® Single Engine Round Two Gauge Kit from Yamaha Marine Rigging & Parts this is like the sett that I have
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yes that is for what I am talking about my gauges are like that

Comment

I am using a side mount control box and I have tride to eliminate the smal reduser from 6 pin to 4 pin that conects to the ecm and I think that is where I have created the problem tomorow I will chech if there are any fuses and will retry to start the engine. And yes I know that I invent problems

Comment

I am using a side mount control box and I have tride to eliminate the smal reduser from 6 pin to 4 pin that conects to the ecm and I think that is where I have created the problem tomorow I will chech if there are any fuses and will retry to start the engine. And yes I know that I invent problems
                                I have changed the diagram to depict a 703 control box.

Why would you try and eliminate the 6 pin to 4 pin reducer? The gauges won't work without it. It contains an end line resistor that is needed for the gauge system to function.

The gauges should not affect the starting of the motor.

Comment

Working...
                                X