2000 200 sx txry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what you mean by "inbetween the pos side of the reg out"

Manual for my C40 says to check output wires of regulator with all connected to check for peak voltage( regulator check) and if below spec connect to lighting coil wires while disconnected and check with peak voltmeter to see if in spec.( lighting coil check)

Comment

I suggest looking at every connection and fuse between the battery, motor and console.

Last summer our Humminbird GPS cut out after about a half hour on the water. After a bit it came to life for another twenty minutes and went dead again. After yanking apart the console and just before I reached for the phone to get their return address, I hit the horn button and found that out of commission too. Then I checked the ten cent inline fuse on the hot wire from the battery to the console (not the heavy starter wire to the outboard) and found it corroded, but not blown. Apparently, it let enough juice get by initially but heated due to resistance and dropped voltage. Seems Humminbird builds their gear to protect itself and the GPS was first thing to raise the white flag.

Comment

going to hook all up today, will post results

Comment

How'd you make out jb??
          1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
          1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Working...
          X