No announcement yet.

Stalling Yamaha F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did they just leave you hanging like that or did they say what they thought it was?

Sounds just like what was done before.

Comment

stalling Yamaha

They did say what it was. Parts are on the way. I'm giving them a chance to prove it before I say Yahoo. It is not what any of us guessed it was. Wait and see. I've got my fingers crossed. high sierra

Comment

I really...really hope they get you going..that motor should give many years of reliable service. ..so are we guessing??? if its not electronic..then fuel comes to mind...maybe an injector
        I am still waiting to hear from my dealer..they said Wed..I called Wed. afternoon they said Thur. I havent called back, but it is now Fri afternoon..still no word..maybe next week...or the week after...would have been better if they just would have told me a week or 2 before they could get to it.... but I am smiling any way..cant get a good man down

Comment

So you do not want to share their thoughts until it is proven?

Do you know what that list of of things already pinged is in the trackback on the bottom of the page when replying to this thread

Comment

if Jamie is the same short blonde that I did an electrical course with about 2 years ago, she is sharp.
            most the courses I have done at least 3 times, some 4.
            however as things change ya gotta attempt to stay on top.

Comment

stalling Yamaha

In all fairness to the dealer who is trying, I want to hold off on what was reportedly wrong. They and I have guessed darn near everything on this motor. The tec has said he's not leaving until this problem is solved. He's been here since Tuesday.
              So far today , I haven't heard if they are right in their diagnosis. high sierra

Comment

I bet they changed your injectors...

Comment

Yamaha stalling

Well this gets stranger and stranger. They figured the problem was a short in the wiring harness. Today they changed the whole wiring harness AND a new computer from Atlanta. They have been robbing a new 150 that has never been in the water as a parts motor. There was NO CHANGE! They went to the donor motor to see if the computer in it would give them some better readings. Guess what . Now both motors have a stalling problem and a fuel starvation problem. 2 dead motors. The tec is going nuts. The dealer now has a boat with a screwed up motor on it. The tec will be back on Tuesday with a bunch of new parts. He has been consulting with home base on this and they are as mystified as he is. Boy am I glad I got the extended warranty. I did ask for a new motor. HA We'll see what happens. high sierra
                  Last edited by high sierra; 02-12-2011, 02:13 AM.

Comment

I have no idea what the ping list is about.
                    But I can not help but laugh at this whole thing with highs engine..I hate that he is having to deal with this, but it has gotten to the point of past ridiculous..I mean if you were paying by the hour and parts tried you would have surpassed the cost of a new motor probably twice already...so as much as a pain in the **** this must be for you, the whole situation is totally laughable..would not be funny with out the extended warranty though..I guarantee you that.

Comment

Got to say...totally informative. And hard to resist second guessing. I've almost 1200 hours on my F150 and we run at 2900ft. I've been up to 4300ft at Hauser, both without problems. I have a very slight stalling glitch that happens maybe one in 20 times coming off-idle, forward or reverse. Burps and dies. Bet that's the ISC trying an failing to keep up with the sudden leaning out when the plates open.

As to High Sierra's problem, shouldn't guess. Gotta believe they've already looked at basic fuel delivery, rail pressure etc. I wonder if a bunnnnchhhh of key-on's might hurt the fuel pump. Shouldn't if the VST stays full. Be bad if a bunch vane particles went into the injectors. No sensor would know that. In the offseason, I unplug that little blue connector cuz I do a lot of software set-up where I need key on/off a lot.

Wish I'd seen this before going to SCI show last month. Would have been fun to brainstorm at bit and talk about fishing.

Comment

Has this motor stalled since day 1?
                        Is this motor a repower on an older boat?
                        What type of fuel filtration is on the boat?

Comment

you need
                          an
                          alternator

Comment

take two shopping bags of parts.
                            stand back 50 feet.
                            toss parts at it as hard as you can.
                            eventually it will heal itself.

actually I understand your frustration.
                            its not a sensor,computer nor wiring issue.
                            its untrained inexperienced techs,
                            I happen to have more training and more experience than most techs.
                            I also purchased an F150 in august of 07 that had the same off idle stall.
                            thats how I learned to solve it.
                            so now they have two motors with technician induced faults and they still havent done the simple procedure for correcting that off idle stall.
                            I may be avalible to fly in arch. I have a volvo school the first week of march but after that I may be avalible.
                            but the fix is actually simple.
                            but first now they MUST fix the tech induced failures.
                            shorts or opens in the wiring harness are incredibly easy to spot.
                            all you have to do is look at the data recorded,that engine actually records and stores the last 13 minutes of engine operating paremeters.
                            an open or a short wil show as an abnormal voltage someplace.
                            most all sensors on that engine use a 5V reference signal generated by the ECU.
                            short it and all sesnor feed backs will be low.
                            open it and some wil be very high,almost 5v.
                            once someone fixes the tech induced failures the correctly sets the shutters and the TPS I am going to bet you have some key on MAP sensor issues.
                            based on your post about the difference between the map sensor baro reading and the local weather channel baro reading.

Comment

Originally posted by high sierra View Post
                              Now both motors have a stalling problem and a fuel starvation problem. 2 dead motors. Boy am I glad I got the extended warranty. I did ask for a new motor. HA We'll see what happens. high sierra
                              If they decide to give you a new motor I sure hope they don't give you the one they were pulling parts off of

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                                If they decide to give you a new motor I sure hope they don't give you the one they were pulling parts off of
                                That could push a man over the edge....ROFL

Comment

Working...
                                X