Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote/engine oil filling

1991 200 HP Yamaha OB
    Checked with ohm meter wires on floats in remote and main tank. I found continuity as per troubleshooting guide. When I raise the main tank float halfway with key on the remote tank does not activate. It does pump using the emergency switch. Dash gauge shows the remote tank full and no alarms going off. The dash also shows trim is down full. The other engine pumps properly from its remote tank. What should I be looking for now?

If the gauge is showing yellow(or middle bar) then the sensor on oil tank in boat is signaling low on oil, check sensor and wiring between sensor and engine.
    If that is ok and gauge is showing a green(full) light or bar then the sensor in engine oil tank or wiring is probably bad.
    If all sensors and wiring is ok then could have a bad ECU.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

When i use the ohm meter on the engine tank wires I have two wires in the harness that are blue/red. Does each feed something different? Or are they routed to the same place in the ECU? I only checked one for continuity.
      I did have continuity when I moved the float to the middle and the alarm went off. I did have continuity at the top of the float. Is there a separate part of the ECU that would be replaced for the oil side?

Comment

The engine oil tank should have 4 wires, here is the test chart.
        OilSensorTest_91.JPG
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

will use chart to test the sensor

Comment

Not to get too far ahead but an you tell me the correct ECU part number for a 1991 200 TXRP engine? There are two listed 61H or 62H not sure what the difference is.

Comment

61H-85540-00-00 is the one for the 200TLRP model. Replace that only after checking every wire and component very carefully.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Will check all out before changing the ECU, but I was confused by numbers.
                Thank you for helping.

Comment

Just in Time, Thanks for doc will use to check out system this weekend in nice weather.

Comment

Working...
                  X