Using a Time-Sert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a Time-Sert

When you use the time-sert is it recomended to remove the head or can you just install it?

I would think that if you installed with head on to repair stripped threads you would have to drill out the head far enough to let it clear and then the block to be able to thread,insert, and seat. Does not sound impossible I just do not know how much metal would have to be removed and how that would affect it.

Comment

Just curious, but how is a time-cert different from a heli-coil?

Comment

I had to look it up myself just to see and it is a threaded solid bushing where a helicoil is like a spring.

Comment

Must be threaded inside and outside, probably a better fix than helicoil, but I'd never heard of one before Just-In-Time mentioned it. New stuff, all the time...

Comment

Using A Time Sert

I tried to repair the thread myself with Sav A thread repair kit and heli coil but ended up cross threading the newly tapped hole. This is a 1990 Chevy Cavalier, so I am trying to determine if its worth trying a time sert.
            Attached Files
            [url=http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=2300082]Enhanced Kre-Alkalyn[/url]
            [url=http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=2290126]ultimate acai max[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
              Just curious, but how is a time-cert different from a heli-coil?
              The time-sert is a solid piece with a good size flange on end. It seems there would be a lot less blowby with this type. I had a heli coil in my Rude and I got a lot of oil blowby on that cylinder. I included there web site. A service tech on this forum recomended them and I was wondering if he removed the head prior to install.

++ TIME-SERT Threaded inserts for stripped threads, threaded inserts, thread repair stripped sparkplug's, Ford sparkplug blowouts, threaded inserts threaded, repair stripped threads, stripped threads, inserts threaded inserts, Ford spark plug repair,

Comment

Working...
              X