Orphaned 25 four stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orphaned 25 four stroke

Hi,new to this forum and look forward to posting and helping out. I inherited a 2000 model f25elry . and it's a challenge for me to get it running. I bought a 703 con*****er and have so far fixed the starter. With plugs removed i had a mess of oil come out the plug hole. I think someone laid the motor down wrongly and filled the cylinder with oil . measured 120 psi compression on both. I can't get electric to work correctly. I jumped the starter to get it to turn over. I tried to measure voltage at the plugin and there is none. Shouldn't there be some/.? At this point i want to run it in a barrel. no joy.....The electric goes from the starter solenoid across to the relay board and there seems to die......How do you test for a relay board. and also are the computers prone to failing and how do you test them.....any help thanks
    Rich

Should have 12 volts at brown(or yellow/red) wire at starter solenoid with key switch in start position, if not then bad ign. switch, wire harness or neutral switch.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Most problems should be this easy

So i break down and go to a real yamaha mechanic and we get the motor outta the car and onto a stand and i'm explaining to him how i've hooked up the motor with electric to the starter and the ground to the stud and i plug in the 703 control with it in neutral and the kill interrupter in place. I explain that i can get it to hiccup at all with the key switch. He then shows me the red wire with the fuse on it that would normally plug into the "Yamaha battery Harness"(which i don't have) that has a supplemental wire on it to activate "everything" electrical. DUH! He splices a ring terminal onto it and attaches at the starter connection and Bingo! we have ignition......What an incredibly easy diagnoses. Now the motor has other issues which i'll address as time and money allow........

Comment

Working...
      X