No announcement yet.

2002 OX66 stalling problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought of borrowing it from another motor but the local agent on the island only had 1 in stock so I decided to grab it I have it here looking at it, could you believe such a small part could give so much trouble? The boat has another trip tomorrow as it is a tour boat so I really hope it works as the ride is not quite the same for our customers with 2 engines running rather than 3. If this doesn't do the job I will be dissapointed but hopefully the problem won't be the CDI Unit which is very costly. Never heard of one of them giving problems, always heard you had to damage them by hooking up the wires incorrect. If the relay doesn't do the job I think the next step will be to swap the CDI Unit with one from another motor, before the expense of replacement . Thanks for your help, & have a great weekend.

Comment

Motor Working Well Again

Replaced the Main Relay & the motor has not missed a beat, yesterday or today, worked all day. You were absolutely correct Senior Member of boats.net by solving this problem. We changed filters, did diagnostic checks over the last 2 weeks & then I found this fantastic forum & asked for help from you guys. In a matter of 2 or 3 days I now have a motor thats working great. I'm still a bit concerned to the lw water pressure comming out of the pee tube( like half as strong as the other 2 motors) Even when you put on the garden hose to the hose fitting the water is barely trickling. The other motors the pee tube water spouts 1 foot away from the motor when it's tilted up. So I don't think it's the water pump impeller. I took off one head & the water jacket was clean, so I didn't take off the other one. I was thinking of taking off the exhaust cover that is located under the CDI unit & inspect the water passages. The engine is not over heating as yet as the buzzers are not going off. I appreciate any suggestions you may have.
      Anyway the most important thing is the motor works fine again & isn't shutting down after 5 minutes.
      Boats.net & Jb123 thanks so much for your help, & thanks to this forum.

Comment

Working...
      X