No announcement yet.

Sunk 90hp won't idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know anything about the electric choke system I don't have it, but it seems to me you take the cowling off take the air box off and look in the carbs. You will see if the choke is closed or not. If it won't idle it may be closed all the time. Good luck

Comment

I am having a similar problem with the prime start system on a 90 Yammie. I have to flip the emerngecy enrichment valve on the front of the engine to get it to start. One test is to feel if the prime start valve gets warm on top - I think you did that. Another test is to pull it and connect it to DC and measure that the plunger is moving enough as it warms up.

I suspect that something is gummed up. If I find out a definitive answer about my engine I will share it with you.

Did you run the engine with Sea Foam or equivilent added to the gas to help clean out the fuel passages?

Good luck, I know how frustrating this is. In my case, at least it starts using the emergency valve.

Comment

Well she runs now. I finally gave up and took it to my mechanic and told him to fix it. He rebuilt the carbs and said they were badly corroded on the insides.

I did not want to send the 400 bucks I had to unless I checked out every other option.

As far as the auto-choke thing goes it still seems to be some kind of mystery as how this thing works. I've asked around and no one seems to know????

Comment

Are you telling me (us) that you paid someone $400.00 to have carbs cleaned?

Comment

You see why I avoided the mechanic for a while.

100$$$$ An hour and it was a rebuilt

Comment

Working...
            X