Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trim tilt indicator

hello
    i am trying to figure what is wrong on my trim indicator on a c115 tlrt 1995.
    behind the gage,12v and ground ok, only the pink and the black are connected from the trim indicator harness to the gage.
    when i put ground on the pink, the gage goes all the way down, when not at ground, the gage goes all the way up and stuck.
    i checked the trim sensor at the engine swivel, not stuck up, goes up and dwn easily.
    checked the resistance with ohmmeter between pink and black , pink and orange and black and orange: nothing nowhere,the resistance never change, up or dwn position
    is the trim sensor shot? i guess
    also, i tried to remove it, philips screws are frozen solid in the bracket.
    any tip? maybe breaking the plastic sensor and try to remove the screws with visegrip
    any help will be apreciated
    frenchy

The trim sender should have 800-1200 ohm's between black and orange wire and 489-735 ohm's between pink and black wire.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

hello
      thank's very much boats.net for your help, so my sender is dead, now i have to figure how to take the frozen screws off...
      frenchy

Comment

I had the same problem of getting the screws out. They broke off. I made a paper trace of the hole distance. then measured screw distance from 2 ficed points on the bracket frame. then I transferred the screw positions (using the paper template)to the outside of the frame and drilled new holes through the frame. Then i used SS 10-32 screws and nuts to remount. worked like a charm and getting them off later is a charm. The trim indicator oval holes give you some drill misalignment adjustment.

Comment

Working...
        X