No announcement yet.

Choke operation on yamaha 90 hp 2 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My prime start never seems to lean out. I removed the prime start solenoid. zzBy hand I can operate it freely, but when I apply 12 volts, nothing happens. When I apply 12v, is the solenoid supposed to retract?
    Saved and blessed!

Comment

90 yamaha 1998 model

Ok guys. I have a problem with my 1998 model 90 hp. It will not start even if I push the key in while starting. I have to use the emergency switch on the carb. WHen I use it, the motor starts up and continues to start unless it gets really cold while I fish. When I push in the switch I hear nothing like a click to engage something on the carb to start it cold. My manuel says little about the choke. Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by blueseago View Post
        Ok guys. I have a problem with my 1998 model 90 hp. It will not start even if I push the key in while starting. I have to use the emergency switch on the carb. WHen I use it, the motor starts up and continues to start unless it gets really cold while I fish. When I push in the switch I hear nothing like a click to engage something on the carb to start it cold. My manuel says little about the choke. Ideas?

And you posted this on an old thread, why?

If you read any of this thread you found out it is not a choke, correct?

Comment

So I just picked up a cape craft 16' with a 04 50HP yamaha. What ended up being the verdict to get your engine to fire up? The gentleman I bought it from didnt seem to really know. So we did the bypass method, I called a buddy who is a mechanic and he it explained it the best he could. It as still a little confusing.

Is it to turn for three seconds, pause and then turn again?

Comment

do not post on old threads.

start a new one with all of your motor info and problems

Comment

Originally posted by Justinbrow56 View Post
              So I just picked up a cape craft 16' with a 04 50HP yamaha. What ended up being the verdict to get your engine to fire up? The gentleman I bought it from didnt seem to really know. So we did the bypass method, I called a buddy who is a mechanic and he it explained it the best he could. It as still a little confusing.

Is it to turn for three seconds, pause and then turn again?
              It is a common mistake to think that what cured another fellows motor problem will cure ones own motor problem. Even if the symptoms are the same.

One might have a stomach ache. It might have been cancer. The solution might have been to remove half of the stomach.

Does every one that has a stomach ache need to have half their stomach removed as the solution?

Follow 99Yams advice and start your own new thread. Explain the problem as completely as you can and provide the complete model identity.

Comment

Working...
              X