ProV 150 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProV 150 Questions

Have some questions regarding a Yamaha ProV 150. When I bought it the owner wasn't sure what the year was. He said either 85 or 86, (the number on the ID tag is 6J9 L 301 915). The motor has a stainless steel prop (3 blade) with "21-M" stamped on it, (assuming 21 equals pitch). Please help answering the following questions:
    What year is the motor?
    What is the proper pitch and diameter of prop?
    What is the wide open throttle (WOT) range?
    What do the 3 symbols/lights on the tachometer represent?
    The left symbol is a circle that appears to be almost empty. The middle symbol is an oil can. The right hand symbol is a circle that appears to be almost full.
    Occasionally an alarm sounds that is housed in the control box , (seems to happen when using trim/tilt). Please inform as to what the alarm means.

Thanks

J=1986, RPM operating range is 4500 to 5500, the 3 lights indicate oil level in reservoir. There are 3 sensors that could activate the buzzer. The over rev, the overheating, or the low oil. If it is the low oil the warning light under the tach should come on. If you go to the local library you can get the tune up manual that covers your motor it would probably help.

Comment

as for the props, i have an `89 and i run for skiing a 19 and all the way up to a 26 inch raker that will throw a 200 ft rooster tail. a 21-23 x 14.25 should be a good all around prop for ya.

Comment

Working...
      X