Yamaha Tach reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Tach reset

How do I reset my hours clock on my Yamaha tach? I tried pushing the set button, tried holding down the set button, tried pushing the mode button and set button together, but it will not reset?

There should be two separate hour displays. One is resettable (trip) and one is not (total). If you hold down both buttons with the ignition key just in the ON position (engine not running...) the trip should reset.

Mike

Comment

The tach has only two buttons, one says "set" and the other says "mode" when I push the set button nothing happens (still displays hrs) when I push the mode button the hrs disappear and shows nothing. Tried pushing both together and also holding down the set, but hours don't re-set. Any thoughts?

Comment

Re Visit this post

Originally posted by baymaster View Post
        The tach has only two buttons, one says "set" and the other says "mode" when I push the set button nothing happens (still displays hrs) when I push the mode button the hrs disappear and shows nothing. Tried pushing both together and also holding down the set, but hours don't re-set. Any thoughts?
        I joined the forum to get the above questioned answered. So I am hoping someone has found the answer...

Thanks,

Comment

The total run time(engine operating hours) can't be reset as Mike said only the trip meter which you have already zeroed out.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
            The total run time(engine operating hours) can't be reset as Mike said only the trip meter which you have already zeroed out.
            Sorry I was not clear. I have tried the above method and the trip time is still the same as the total run time. It does not want to zero out. I believe in the previous post's they had the same problem.

It is no big deal, but I think there should be a way.

Comment

Re-Set

Well I answered my own question...when pressing the set and mode button you have to make sure they are pressed at exactly the same time. I mean exactly and then the thing sets to zero.

Comment

Working...
              X