No announcement yet.

Be Safe 99Yam40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Channel just reported someone saved an armadillo. Somebody don't know armadillos. Leprosy anyone?

Comment

yea, back in my younger days I would chase them down and catch them live.
      I never cleaned them, just gave to others that would and cook them up. But I did eat some.
      once I heard the can be carriers of Lep I stopped touching them.
      but they say you get exposed when you are hulling them out not touching the outside of the plating.
      they destroy a lot digging their dens/ holes
      I just shoot and leave them

Comment

Yes. That's pretty much standard operating procedure. Nasty little critters.

Comment

Had a Mommy and three babies down at my creek here in SW Missouri.
          Dennis
          Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

Just a little update for my area.
            I am still high and dry here in Clute Tx and no evacuations are called for right now.

The Brazos river should crest Monday
            It is the closest river to me, and during major flood it spills over into the Oyster creek water shed flooding it. That winds thru the whole area inside the levee protection.
            It has not happened for many many years, but if OC comes out of its banks it will be bad.
            the Subdivisions north and east of me outside of Clute that are getting flooded right now are not getting the water from the river the best I can tell as it is not the red mud that comes down the Brazos. looks like it is backing up from Bastrop Bayou area

The San Benard River should crest Sunday at over 33ft. flood stage is 16ft
            that is where my brother lives. Drove over yesterday and water is in his yard as of 1pm Yesterday and still rising.

the Colorado River should crest today, My sister lives a few miles from that river.
            Bay City was projected to flood with 10ft in down town so they all evacuated.
            but the Bay City area river crest level was revised to 46.4ft and people are making it back into town the last couple of days now. Major flood stage is 44ft

Very good place to look at river levels around here
            https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=hgx
            Last edited by 99yam40; 09-02-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Man I feel bad for your people down there. I have donated to the Red Cross to help a bit.

Comment

I am waiting to see if things go oh sheet or all right in the morning.
                some are saying the red/ muddy river water is just pushing the rain water out of the landscape that is why it is still clear

Comment

Well, Irma is heading this way, south Florida anyway.

Seems a crap shoot if it goes up the seaboard or into the Gulf...
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

everybody needs to break out all the fans they has and point them SE.

Rivers and other flood waters seem to have stopped rising.
                    Not dropping yet today either tho

Comment

Working...
                    X