Be Safe 99Yam40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be Safe 99Yam40

Be safe 99Yam40 with storm Hurricane Harvey headed your way (and all affected).
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Best wishes to yammi and all Texans....

Comment

I am on the dirty side, but the winds should be only about 40 here over the weekend.
      But not sure what wind we will get if it backs out again and heads my way as they say it will.

I do not plan on leaving for now, but have a full tank of gas and some for a generator.
      the rain should not be that big of a deal as long as it is spread out over the days they say it will.
      we are inside a levee system.
      hope the pumps all work well

Comment

Looks like it is not going to be good for the people where it makes landfall...hopefully the forcasting is not right and it is weaker than expected....

Comment

2' of rain, heck, no scruffing the skeg this weekend!
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I went Monday and wed, and thought about going again Thursday to get all the fishing in I could before the thing hit, but I ended up helping around the Church/preschool getting things in order.
            so now I am just watching it rain.

but I have 2 cases of water and 2 30 packs of my favorite beverage so I am in good shape for a few days

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              I am on the dirty side, but the winds should be only about 40 here over the weekend.
              But not sure what wind we will get if it backs out again and heads my way as they say it will.

I do not plan on leaving for now, but have a full tank of gas and some for a generator.
              the rain should not be that big of a deal as long as it is spread out over the days they say it will.
              we are inside a levee system.
              hope the pumps all work well
              There is a new term. "The dirty side" What does that mean? I heard someone use it on the Weather Channel but I was not paying attention.

It looks miserable. Supposed to hang around until midweek?
              Awful...

Buy more water, more beer, and protein bars....

Comment

dirty side is used all of the time on Hurricanes, it is where most of the rain hits

Comment

Are you north or south of the eye right now?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                    dirty side is used all of the time on Hurricanes, it is where most of the rain hits
                    Not much on google other than it refers to the strong side. Right side quadrant. Nasty side, onshore blow, whatever.

Weather Channel was better before NBC bought them. Less politics and bullshit, more science and sense.

Good luck Yam. Those reds won't leave. They may be confused a bit. Like me.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                      Are you north or south of the eye right now?
                      I live close to Freeport ,where the Bazos river hits the gulf.
                      A few miles inland, Clute Tx.
                      about 40 miles west of Galveston

Most of the brazosport area(towns and chemical plants) are inside a levee system.
                      Dow Chemical here started out as a Magnesium production plant by the gov during WWII from I have read. I am sure that is why this area was protected by the levee system
                      Last edited by 99yam40; 08-26-2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                        2' of rain, heck, no scruffing the skeg this weekend!
                        It will be interesting to get back out and see what this thing has changed up in East Matagorda Bay where I do most of my fishing.
                        I am sure there will be new cuts to the gulf that opened back up and new sand spread out across the flats.
                        So far I measured 4.6" of rain
                        Last edited by 99yam40; 08-26-2017, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Hope a little fishing comes back by the 5th or so I had a trip scheduled up at Galveston on the fifth!!!!

Right now it looks like a lot of rain.

My Uncle was a petroleum engineer up at Texas City for what was Amco back then, His wife worked at a Monsanto plant there too.

I can't imagine what two feet of rain does?
                          Dennis
                          Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

we had over 25" in 24hours back in 79 and several other times also over the years

what I am getting now is so spread out is not a problem so far.

with all of the rain up above, the rivers will overflow and flood a lot of the soaked areas down here

I am between the bands coming in so not much rain here
                            Last edited by 99yam40; 08-26-2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dray0151 View Post
                              Hope a little fishing comes back by the 5th or so I had a trip scheduled up at Galveston on the fifth!!!!

Right now it looks like a lot of rain.

My Uncle was a petroleum engineer up at Texas City for what was Amco back then, His wife worked at a Monsanto plant there too.

I can't imagine what two feet of rain does?
                              lots of fresh water will be running into those bays, good luck with that fishing

Comment

Working...
                              X