Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You asked the wrong question.
    should have been
    will someone tell me what the difference is if they know it.
    but then the answer to that may have also been yes

Comment

Originally posted by Buddbud7810 View Post
      Boscoe99 i call the Yamaha dealer and they said yamaha changed the number about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Do you think they are lying to me.
      No. The P1-00 control box has simply been upgraded to the R0-00 configuration. Both are the premium 704 control box.

The R0-00 is no longer available. Order either the P1-00 or the R0-00 and the R0-00 is what you will get.

Price stayed the same. No price increase.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        No. The P1-00 control box has simply been upgraded to the R0-00 configuration. Both are the premium 704 control box.

The R0-00 is no longer available. Order either the P1-00 or the R0-00 and the R0-00 is what you will get.

Price stayed the same. No price increase.
        So you do not know what the difference is between them for them to give a new upgrade number then?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          So you do not know what the difference is between them for them to give a new upgrade number then?
          No I don't. The word "chrome" is used alongside the R0-00 part number but I don't know what this really means.

Yamaha very rarely says why a part number change is made. Everyone wants to know what the -03-00 to 04-00 balancer change was about. Yamaha ain't talking.

If and when the Yamaha parts catalog includes the R0-00 part number 704 control box someone can go through it part by part and see which component part has a changed part number. That may indicate why the control box part number changed. It won't indicate however why the piece part number changed.

Comment

heck i thought when you said someone knew, it was you with that knowledge just playing with him

Comment

I was hoping to convey a message as to how to ask a question. As in

"what is the difference between a 704-48205-P1-00 control box and a 704-48205-R0-00 control box?"

I think he really wanted to know the difference, not if anyone knew the difference.

Comment

Riggings

Thanks to everyone who helped me i have gotten the control box and they sent the R0, gauges and harnesses. The only thing i think i need now is a prop what do you all recommend i get, i what it to be for load and speed. Thanks

Comment

find a rig like yours to see what prop they used
                  https://yamahaoutboards.com/en-us/ho...ance-bulletins

Looks like they changed it up some lately

Comment

Riggings

Do i need a special sending unit to work with the command link digital speed and fuel gauge.

Comment

you need to provide a speed input to the gauge, yes.

this can be done either of two ways:

- using a "sending unit" - with the engine's built-in pitot tube (if it has one) or a transom mount pitot

here is the sensor:

60V-8A4L1-11-00 SPEED SENSOR KIT

or

- using the NMEA 0183 output of a GPS unit

Comment

Riggings

Thanks do i need a special sending unit for the fuel or the same one i have in my tank (wema sending unit) will work.

Comment

Gauge Kit

Command Link Round Two Gauge Kit
                          6Y8-0E83R-41-00
                          Can anyone tell me if the speed sensor kit is included in the Gauge Kit

Comment

looks that way...

Comment

Gauge Kit

Thankyou very much fairdeal

Comment

Lubes

Hi what are the best additives and lubes i need to use with my engine i was told i should add something to my fuel when i fill up and which lubes i need to use. All recomendations are appreciated please. Thanks
                                Last edited by Buddbud7810; 09-05-2017, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X