oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it got jinglished.
    the collars only function is to support the pump end of the shaft.
    they can get damaged if removed roughly.
    how they got distance collar from a steady bushing I dunno.
    that is just how it got translated back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by firefighter View Post
      comparison pics
      makes you wonder if the other parts are still there or not

Last edited by 99yam40; 08-06-2017, 02:10 PM.

Comment

am i correct in assuming the bevel side of the collar goes toward the engine and the o ring side toward the pump?

Comment

There are O rings on both sides. The illustrations show the O ring that fits over the collar goes towards the engine side. Unless my eyes are deceiving me.

Comment

You're right. I just got finished installing the new collar. The only thing I'm bothered by is that neither O ring seems to be sealing the pump to the block. That is where the leak is coming from.

Comment

what all is new and are all of the parts shown there?
              Last edited by 99yam40; 08-06-2017, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by firefighter View Post
                You're right. I just got finished installing the new collar. The only thing I'm bothered by is that neither O ring seems to be sealing the pump to the block. That is where the leak is coming from.
                So it is still leaking with the new part and orings?

Comment

I finally figured out that the collar in the left photo actually is part of the pump. The collar on the right is the correct replacement collar. I didn't realize the old collar was still on the gear shaft up in the engine. It does not resemble the replacement collar on the pump side. I dug it out and put the new one in with new orings. I think the collar on the pump may be the source of the leak because someone has scratched and marred the machine surfaces on it while removing it. I am trying to find a source for parts for the 6H4 pump.

Thanks to you guys for responding and trying to help a newbie non mechanic figure out what my problem was. Your experience and expertise are greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X