No announcement yet.

Wiring between Yamaha outboard and dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tracing out the wiring found another group of wires at the motor, (right by the 10 pin connector) the wires run up to the dash but are cut there and dont go anywhere. are these wires not needed?? in the pic its the white connector with 4 wires in it.
    Attached Files

Comment

no idea on the wiring,

one of my sons was given a boat and motor on a trailer, not much good, but 1st thing he did was try to get it transferred into his name. found out it was reported stolen years ago.

he had to tell them who gave it to him and they took it from there. not sure what came out of it, but my son did not get into any deep trouble from what he told me.

at least he did not spend anything on it trying to fix it before trying to register it in his name

Comment

Originally posted by Speedboater View Post
        tracing out the wiring found another group of wires at the motor, (right by the 10 pin connector) the wires run up to the dash but are cut there and dont go anywhere. are these wires not needed?? in the pic its the white connector with 4 wires in it.
        Those are the wires that connect to a Yamaha tachometer so that engine trim information is available and so the warning lights function when they should.

A fully equipped boat might look like this

Comment

*** that’s crazy, I think im good with this one. The guy I got it from bought it from a local marina, it was a rental boat (still has the marinas stickers on it) he was going to fix it with his son and they lost interest. I have already put the boat in my name and no issues on the title transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            Those are the wires that connect to a Yamaha tachometer so that engine trim information is available and so the warning lights function when they should.

A fully equipped boat might look like this
            Thank you for the diagram, makes sense now, more cabling to fix

Comment

In Texas the motor is titled also, so without serial #s on it that would be a problem.
              I take it your state does not require titles on motors, so anyone can put any motor on a boat from anywhere without a problem.
              If ID s are lost on a motor with a clean title, at least the title has serial and model #s.
              not sure how you can prove the motor without ID is the one listed on title tho.
              probably why here in texas you do not see motors with out the ID tags

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                In Texas the motor is titled also, so without serial #s on it that would be a problem.
                I take it your state does not require titles on motors, so anyone can put any motor on a boat from anywhere without a problem.
                If ID s are lost on a motor with a clean title, at least the title has serial and model #s.
                not sure how you can prove the motor without ID is the one listed on title tho.
                probably why here in texas you do not see motors with out the ID tags
                Yes, nothing on the title about the motor here in Florida. if they did i would be able to confirm what year it is. I think i have what i need to get the wiring corrected and hopefully get this thing to start. Thanks everyone for all the help !! will let you know how it goes once i have it wired up.

Comment

Working...
                X