No announcement yet.

Yamaha warranty Void

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said water was found in both lower units. What are the chances of this happening? Inferior seals? What explains why the seal went on trim ? Just a side note , I read up that there was quite a few cases where the shift shaft seals were failing prematurely. I owned a mercury prior and never had a seal failed . Just makes you go hmmm.

Comment

very true, I did not catch both went.
      I have not run into an early failure of seals like this before,
      I have no idea what would cause 2 different motors on the same boat to have seal failures at the same time.
      so IDing what failed would have been a very good idea before replacing all seals to help figure out what was going on

Comment

On one of the engines , I noticed oil emulsion in between the upper seals, so out with the old and in with the new. What was interesting was that that prior to changing out seal , pressure test held at 10. Second engine also held at 10. Could not determine which seal was at fault on this engine . So when in doubt, change all. Bottom line, when spending big bucks , I shouldn’t be finding water in lower units so early nor should I be changing out seal on trim. What happened to quality? Took my money quickly but couldn’t give me a date to diagnose problem!!!
        Last edited by Bill0749; 03-06-2022, 01:05 AM.

Comment

If you have hydraulic steering (SEASTAR) make sure you install the Saltwater kit. (Grounding) something nobody seems to know about. And its not only pressure testing. A vacum test is half of the testing to finding a leak.. Carry on...

Comment

Vacuum test also performed but pressure was maintained.

Comment

Did u spin the shafts and gear selector ??

Comment

Spun prop and drive shaft. Shift shaft was shifted a number of times. All Maintained pressure under pressure and vacuum.

Comment

Working...
                X