No announcement yet.

Yamaha OX66 Vmax 250 vs OX66 Saltwater Series 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh. I missed the "hard rubber engine mounts" above in the performance section. As opposed to soft?

Comment

Some of the bass boys go to metal mounts.

Hard on the mounts when the boat is doing 80 + MPH mounted on a sloppy jack plate. They bitch about the Yamaha poor quality ones.

I drove my brand new Ford F150 across some pastures and streams, over the hills and dales at 80 mph one time. For about a hundred miles. The suspension crapped out. I filed a warranty claim for defective parts. Ford told me to pound sand.

Comment

cousin had a buzzard come thru his car windshield many moons/years ago, said it made a big mess with all of the bodily functions happening before it died

Comment

Might have tried Drano to assist with cleaning that mess.

Would have made a good video anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            A convergent/divergent diffuser section within the Ram Air duct eliminates turbulence while building air pressure to above atmospheric pressure levels. More power. With no greater fuel burn.

A VX driver has to be cautious with throttle application, lest the boat and motor get away from him.
            Diffuser section will lower pressure.
            If you have an increase in P2 pressure you'll need more fuel for more power.

Comment

Originally posted by Captn Dave View Post
              Diffuser section will lower pressure.
              If you have an increase in P2 pressure you'll need more fuel for more power.
              Bernoulli’s principle (whenever a stream of any fluid has its velocity increased at a given point, the pressure of the stream at that point is less than the rest of the stream) is applied to gas turbine engines through the design of convergent and divergent air ducts. The convergent duct increases velocity and decreases pressure. The divergent duct decreases velocity and increases pressure. The convergent principle is usually used for the exhaust nozzle. The divergent principle is used in the compressor and diffuser where the air is slowing and pressurizing.

Due to the skill of the marketing department more power can be made out of nothing. They don't have the constraints that the engineering department has.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  Bernoulli’s principle (whenever a stream of any fluid has its velocity increased at a given point, the pressure of the stream at that point is less than the rest of the stream) is applied to gas turbine engines through the design of convergent and divergent air ducts. The convergent duct increases velocity and decreases pressure. The divergent duct decreases velocity and increases pressure. The convergent principle is usually used for the exhaust nozzle. The divergent principle is used in the compressor and diffuser where the air is slowing and pressurizing.

Due to the skill of the marketing department more power can be made out of nothing. They don't have the constraints that the engineering department has.
                  Show us how the ducting on the cowling achieves this?

Comment

yep
                    bold new graphics.

the VX motors do not use CCS.

yes live wells can spray water and destroy motors.
                    that motor sucks 3.1L of air every 360* of crankshaft rotation.
                    that is why it is called a 3.1L.

I have 3 blown 50 two strokes due to a dealership that installed a depth finder.

blew up 3 motors over a transducer.

Comment

Im an working on a rebuild for mine and finding the correct pistons is aggravating , a 2001 Ox66 200 and same Year VMAX show different part numbers for the pistons , I know that in some years the VMAX is a 3.1L and regular SWS2 is a 2.6 L

Comment

Originally posted by KW2220CC View Post
                        Im an working on a rebuild for mine and finding the correct pistons is aggravating , a 2001 Ox66 200 and same Year VMAX show different part numbers for the pistons , I know that in some years the VMAX is a 3.1L and regular SWS2 is a 2.6 L
                        When you say you are working on a rebuild for mine, what is the mine? If the model of the motor you own is not known it can be difficult finding the correct parts.

Comment

mine is a LX200TXRZ

Comment

Working...
                          X