Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buzzer wont stop on 1997 60HP Autolube (60FETO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unique issue for sure.

Comment

Thanks for all the help so far guys, its really appreciated. OK, so it gets a bit weirder... Today I decided to start the engine and disconnect the main wire harness coupler (leading to the remote control box), BAM, no more limp mode!. So I reconnected the main wire harness and begin stripping the con*****er one wire as a time until nothing was plugged in at all, just a bunch of disconnected cables.. to my surprise limp mode was still active!, I disconnected the wire harness again to make sure and it was no shock that limp mode had gone away. At this point I m pretty sure its the con*****er cable at fault, perhaps a split inside somewhere causing a ground. Tomorrow I m going to salvage the coupler and make my own loom to the control box but i m pretty sure this is gonna resolve the issue. I m assuming making one will be far cheaper than buying! I ll keep you guys posted tomorrow!!

Comment

make sure the pink wires under the hood are not shorted with salt water.
        make sure the gray bullet connectors are not plugged together at the stbd side waire harness connectors.

Comment

Working...
        X