Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need outboard help. Not turning over (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart thing to do would be to fix your choke....starting fluid on a gas engine will make those pistons knock. Cast piston can only do that so many times, maybe use something less volatile like carb cleaner till you get the choke squared away.

Comment

we still do not know what motor this is because OP did not answer the questions.

red lever might be inside the cowling , which could be a prime start system not a choke.
      could be it is not set in the proper position to work automaticly

Comment

I think it is a plague affecting various forums lately...

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt_MotorBoat View Post
          Got it figured out.

Gave in and called the guy. Nothing's wrong with the motor. Appariently you need to use starter fluid into the carbs and choke it.

If anyone is curious it's a small red tab lever right in front of the carbs on the port side.

Appariently that's how he got the boat for so cheap to sell. The guy he bought it from said the motor was broken. The guy knew he just didn't deactivate the choke on the motor which is why I wouldn't run for the guy who sold it to him.

Thanks for the help everyone. I really wish there was more info on these motors on the internet. I googled this before posting and nothing came up showing where the choke was located on this motor.

At least now I know.
          The choke solenoid pulls the CHOKE butterflys CLOSED for cold start up IF working properly. The RED lever is the back up.

And as noted above, DO NOT use starting fluid, especially on a two stroke.

Get a small spray bottle and put in some PRE-MIX fuel/oil.

INVEST in a SHOP a manual or at least look at the parts diagram..
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
          X